PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drjterrell

Lurker
Oct 8, 2015
OK, guys, newbie on the site here, and pretty new to pipe smoking. I've been enjoying Peterson's Aran lately. Wanting to try some different things, I ordered a Mac Baren Virginia No.1 and would say that it's "ok." Not used to the grassiness yet. I also have some Stokkebe Luxury Bullseye that is also pretty good; I like it a little better than the MB. I can certainly taste the Perique in it. I will also pick up some kind of English blend today to try it, too.
I very much enjoy a nice mild to medium cigar, but I'm a total wimp when it comes to nicotine. I smoked two pipes full of a local blend one night and started sweating and got nauseated! NOT a pleasant pipe experience, to say the least.
So, any recommendations? I'm thoroughly enjoying the pipe itself, especially with a few mild local blends from my B&M store. Thanks for the help!

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
I too am nic sensitive. For an English,I would recommend Peter Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme. It was my first English and non-aro and I've been hooked ever since. McClelland blends tend to be low in nic. I really like their British Woods. Also you might look at Hearth and Home at Pipes and Cigars, Russ has some awesome blends, most are low on the nic scale (Ambassador's Blend is a fave of mine).

Status
Not open for further replies.