PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
I have a glass jar that held English Luxus for about a year now but it's empty. I don't plan on buying it again, anything I need to do to clean it? Does the flavor stick around?
Do jars ghost? I've officially bought into this hobby hook line and sinker. Never thought I'd worry about glass jars...

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Glass, properly cleaned (fill it with water and a capful of bleach and leave it overnight; rinse out the next day a few times), won't ghost. Unwashed glass, of course, will carry an odor.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Glass is non-permeable so a good wash with hot soapy water will suffice. However, the lid may be another issue if it contains a plastic material. Just mix baking soda and white vinegar together (it'll get all foamy) and lather it up pretty well with the mixture and leave sit for a few hours. Rinse and it should be clear of any smell.

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
Wash the jar in the dishwasher and you should be good to go. You can reuse the bands but I'd change the lid. Couple bucks per dozen.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
^^ That's true. If it is indeed a Mason jar the lids are quite cheap and I always have a few boxes of them on hand if they get a bit too rank. Much easier to just toss on a new lid rather than the hassle of sanitizing an old one. As eightywon pointed out, the bands are a non issue and can be used over and over again.
Hot water and soap or a dish washer will do the job, but certainly NO need to use bleach.

Status
Not open for further replies.