PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenkrayon

Might Stick Around
Jul 17, 2014
Found this pipe at a local antique store. I did not handle it, but snapped a picture through the case. Tag said Sterling Oneway. Name on bottom of pipe was worn from polishing. Any ideas on what it is?
photo-3.JPG

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
It's a Medico silver overlay pipe. Does that price tag really say $195.00? I've seen them go from $25-$60.00 on ebay. Here, you can get in on this one: Medico Aztec Silver Overlay
There are others for auction that are in better shape. The one in your antique store looks to be in pretty good shape but I still wouldn't pay even half of that tagged price.

brokenkrayon

Might Stick Around
Jul 17, 2014
Ya, I thought it was a bit pricey... :) bet they think since it is silver it is worth more. I do like the design, but would not pay $200 for it.
Thanks for help with id.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
As tuold mentioned, they're fairly common on ebay. There's a couple more listed:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=silver+inlay&_ftrt=901&_sop=1&_sadis=15&_dmd=1&_from=R40&_osacat=4118&_ipg=200&_ftrv=1&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=silver+inlay&_sacat=4118

These look pretty rough, but if you're patient, I'm sure you find a nice one for a fraction of the antique store's price.

Status
Not open for further replies.