Pipes Magazine » Pipes Accessories

Tags:   

Help with an Old Boy Lighter

(6 posts)
  1. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So a friend gave me an old boy lighter, the pewter coloured one with all the pipe shapes. The problem is he took it apart to see if he could "fix" it. It now sits in a tupperware box completely torn apart down to the screws. I have no idea how to put it back together and cannot find an exploded diagram of where the pieces go. I'm pretty mechanical and patient but don't really know where some of the parts go or how they are related. Any experiance is appreciated. Is there somewhere I could send it for repair and re-assembly? It's a hundred dollar lighter so I don't mind spending a few dollars on repair.

Cheers,

-Piperl12

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. juvat270

juvat270

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Contact a dealer like Pipes&Cigars.com and ask them. They might be able to put it back together for you or at the very least, know where you can send it in to get it fixed. Most likely you will have to return it to the manufacturer.

Posted 6 years ago #
  3. bigvan

bigvan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Savinelli will repair it for $8

A quick search will find the details, I'm sure.

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks Juvat I sent them an email!

Posted 6 years ago #
  5. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks BigVan! $8.00 dollar investment for a $100.00 lighter is my kind of economics!

Posted 6 years ago #
  6. gwtwdbss

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If Kevin smiles, my pipe is lit. That is why I smoke. He never fails.

Posted 6 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   trouttimes, alialansari, jaytex969, mechanic, jerardpaul, warren, timelord, timt, eltice, sierrarecluse, vorgath, brian64, ashdigger, jazz, mau1, judcasper, scloyd, johnbarleycorn, anthonyrosenthal74, shind0, redglow, haparnold, hoppes, andromeda, morgansteele, maxsmoke, mikethompson, axeltwenties, agnosticpipe, piratepiper, spider61, sablebrush52, ben88, bazungu, canucklehead, chasingembers