PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalmilitia

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2013
I only have two pipes, a Milano briar and a MM cob (I know the traditional response so spare me the guilt trip. I'm working on it.) and I have been rotating them once a week. The problem is that I have started smoking more, around 3-7 bowls a day, and I think my 2 month old cob has about had it. three are small cracks appearing between the kernels and as of today a larger more ominous one opening up above the shank. Can I save the poor girl (are pipes typically named girl names?) or is it too late and I should just smoke it 'til the proverbial wheels fall off?

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
We can't diagnose your issue without pictures. Cobs typically do crack all over the outside over time and smoke wonderfully forever that way. Without pictures we can't see what kind of crack it is.

metalmilitia

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2013
can I post pictures without getting a third party account? there are enough people out there snooping through personal info without me giving it out to another site if u know what I mean

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
You can link them from any website, use one you already have or find a good one like photobucket. What kind of personal information are you worried about giving out? You can put anything you like, they only need your real email address.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
I would recommend repairing the cracks in your corn cob pipe (CCP) using black fire place mastic cement.
You can get it at Builders Square, Home Depot, Ace.
It only costs $47.00 for a half gallon can which is more than enough to fix a few CCP.
If you smoke Virginia Flakes (VF), the mastic will add some flavor to the otherwise flavorless dry flakes.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
It only costs $47.00 for a half gallon can which is more than enough to fix a few CCP.

For $30 you can get a whole bag of MMs and have money left over for tobacco:

http://corncobpipe.com/10-pipe-grab-bag-of-smokable-seconds.html

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
It'll be fine. As Eric said, they crack a little, but I have yet to have one break through. But, that said, invest in the seconds grab-bag from MM. You won't be sorry.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Hey metal, Welcome to the forums and I see/assume you are a vet. Send me a PM (private message) w/ your address and I'll send ya acouple new cobs.

dennisfbird

Lurker
Aug 25, 2013
My bag of seconds is in the mail... looking forward to seeing what they send..... with my luck 10 of the same style.... and I'll smoke them all.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
dennisfbird, you won't be disappointed. My Grab Bag was nicely assorted, I think there were only 2 pipes that were of the same style.

Status
Not open for further replies.