PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rileyerik

Lurker
Feb 19, 2013
Hello pipe smokers!

I am brand stinking new at smoking pipes. I just ordered my first pipe and it should be here tomorrow. Just in time for National Pipe Smoking Day! I ordered some tobacco to go with it. But this isn't why I am posting in this specific forum. I have a question related to the pipe I ordered. I ordered a Morino by Savinelli Bent Apple. I love the way the pipe looks,but i have heard a few things about this specific pipe that i hope someone can help me with. I heard that they tend to bubble upon smoking them. I was wondering if my specific pipe does bubble what does this really do. Will it change the way the pipe looks or will it change the way the smokes? And does it even matter if it bubbles?

Just to add to this the tobaccos i ordered were McClelland's Town Topic and Sutliff Private Stock's Molto Dolce. I'm starting out with aromatics and am going to work my way up. Some suggestions would be appreciated as well. Thank you all for your time.
002-033-11701.jpg

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
I have the same pipe,smokes like a dream,,no probs at all. Just fill that sucker and smoke. As far as the finish, if you bubble a finish,your smoking it hot enough to burn your fingers,so slow down and enjoy.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Welcome Riley! That's a great Sav Congrats. I started with a similar shape but not as nice yours. I hope the pipe hobby brings you much relaxation and enjoyment.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
+1 dottle

That's a nice Sav. I also hear that aromatics smoke hotter. I love the Town Topic. Don't forget to smoke it slow and cool during the break in period. Welcome to the hobby and to the forum. You're gonna learn a lot from the people here. Enjoy the smokes outta that baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.