PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

familyfarmer

Lurker
Mar 18, 2019
So, I’ve taken a liking to an aromatic. Appalachian Harvest by Ole Shenandoah. I love this tobacco. I could smoke it all day. But at 10 bucks a tin, it’s not cost effective. Any similar aromatics come in bulk? It doesn’t have to be premium taste but if it has a nice sweet taste and mellow finish plus decent room note I’d love to have an everyday smoke similar to the aforementioned blend. I tried Antietam by Brigadier Black and found it extremely smokable, perhaps one of BB’s other blends?

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Hearth & Home Berry Nice is another one that might work if you want to stick with berry

theloniousmonkfish

Jan 1, 2017
I don't do many Aromatics but Lane Black Raspberry gets approval and is on hand for any whim to indulge, Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic is my number one though.

5star

Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic in the tin. They don’t overdo it with this one. You know you’re still smoking tobacco.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
I haven't tried the lane black raspberry but I do enjoy a bowl of sutliff black raspberry mixed 50/50 with lane 1Q

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
I’ll throw Granger into the ring. I could easily make this an all day smoke for me, but there are too many other blends to try!

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Lane Limited 1Q mixed 50/50 with either Lane Limited BCA or Lane Limited RLP-6. You'll love the taste and be a popular person around anyone except the most ardent anti-smokers.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'll second 5star on the Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic and add Iwan Ries Three Star Blue, Edward G. Robinson blend, and PC (Russ O.'s) Log Cabin.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It's interesting to see Lane Black Raspberry mentioned so many times. I'm not smoking any aros these days, but I tried several aromatics many years ago when I first started pipe smoking, and the only one I have any fond memory of is LBR.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It's interesting to see Lane Black Raspberry mentioned so many times.
Appalachian Harvest is a raspberry aromatic.
I'm not smoking any aros these days, but I tried several aromatics many years ago when I first started pipe smoking, and the only one I have any fond memory of is LBR.
Aromatics are better enjoyed after you've got the hang of pipe smoking. Definitely not a great choice for beginners.

Status
Not open for further replies.