PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
i saw this on ebay an id like to buy it. they dont have any information on it other then its marked holland. they have a picture of the marking so i know that is what it says. anyone know if its worth $14.99 plus $5 shipping & handling?
KGrHqFk8E4lRUcdBOL1lgEiE0_1.jpg

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
I see them all the time on ebay so if You don't get it more will come along. I think the stem turns so it can go in Your pocket

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
3 novelty $20 pipes is the value of a budget Sav or Pete, I say if it's love at first sight, pull the trigger on it! If not, save for the inevitable next TAD attack.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I say get it if you can't stop thinking about it, especially for around $20. Marmal4d makes a good point though three of these equals one good pipe, which is usually going to be a better deal over all. I sometimes buy pipes just because they are cool and I know I am not going to use very often.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
If you are buying it purely as a smoking instrument, save your money. Vest pipes in general aren't the best smokers, and I would assume that a souvenier would be even less so.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
why are vest pipes not good smokers?
That's a good question, my uneducated guess would be the distance from bowl to button, the orientation of the stummel to the tobacco chamber, and on typical vest pipes, the thinness of the walls. Not to mention the fact that moisture has no place to go, and a pipe cleaner won't help much.
I've always liked the idea of them, but after trying a few different brands I gave up on them altogether.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I think jpberg's point about pipe cleaner problems is spot-on.

Looks like a big PITA from a practical point of view. Cute conversation piece, but not much more.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Trinket pipes like that can be had for significantly less if you're patient; if you *really* want it, get it, but in the long run you're better off spending money on tobacco than pipes. Pipes will come at low prices throughout your lifetime while tobacco prices will increase daily. Build your cellar, young man!

Status
Not open for further replies.