PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

axp889

Lurker
Sep 3, 2011
Hello,
I am an amature pipe smoker and I know enough about pipes to know that I have a few quality ones that I use. This pipe however I know little about. It was given to me by a close friend along with some vintage Dr. Grabow pipes. She said it belonged to her father who smoked often, but niether her nor her mother new anything about this pipe. It has the mark "Gesetzl Geschutz" on the bottom which I was able to discover is a common German patent mark. It also has a "31" mark on the bottom. By the look of the man's uniform it looks like a WW1 German officer, although I don't know who. It is made of a ceramic material.

Any help identifying this would be greatly appreciated! I am looking to find out who it's made by, how old is it, what is its value, and is it safe to smoke (i'm weary because the ceramic is thinner than my regular pipes). Thanks!

asteroid1

Might Stick Around
Sep 2, 2011
I am unable to see the pictures you posted of the pipe but from your description it sounds like one of these pipes http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380364855608 which date to flate 19th and early 20th centry and valued between £20 - 300 depending on quality

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome to you axp889, I was unable to fix the photo..... It is a URL for Facebook.

Try moving the picture to Photobucket.com or one of those type of sites then repost the picture.
I'm sure we can get you in the ballpark about the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.