PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Ok here is the deal I am going to place my monthly order and want suggestions . Looking for blends that are not a all day smoke , but not to be missed . You know the ones you keep reordering .

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I find that pure perique adds a bit of spice to many other blends...

Jul 12, 2011
Sometimes I do make these an all-day smokes, hard not to/they are sooooo GOOD :puffy:
Solani's Silver Flake

Solani's Aged Burley Flake

Rattray's Marlin Flake

SG's 1792 & Bracken Flake

Low Country's Cooper & Waccamaw (smokingpipes.com blends)

McClelland's Christmas Cheer 2011

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I second SG's 1792. Love it or hate it you must give it a go.

If you like latakia blends then Blue Mountain and H&H's Magnum Opus are worthy candidates.

Oh yeah, and for something completely different Rattray's Bagpiper's Dream is an exquisite blend. Everyone who has smoked it likes it and the room note is to die for.

Jul 12, 2011
Agree on love/hate of 1792, I had to find the right combo of moisture

and pipe to make it sing...small pipe (I like to smoke in a MM country gen cob) and

dry time IMO is about a few hours (so the flakes lighten in color and go a light brown shade)

This makes a nice cool/smooth smoke...still has the Nic punch so proceed with caution

mike68

Might Stick Around
Jul 25, 2011
Recently had a TAD purchase bring a wonderful surprise - Brebbia Balkan is a GREAT toby...

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
+1 on Solani Aged Burley Flake. Wonderful stuff, but a bit pricey for an every day/all smoke. I folded up one flake into my new Castello and it went a little over 90 minutes of creamy bliss.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Solani Aged Burley Flake sounds like something I should try . And the Bagpipers Dream is the only Rattrays I have not had yet . Also have not had Brebbia Balkan . Keep suggestion boys . :worship:

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
The perfect desert baccy --Ataldis Vanilla Custard.
In the bag, smells like a freaking cake is baking. Tastes very sweet. For me, I like it a lot. It's not all goopy and it is not your traditional vanilla either. No peppery taste as you get to the bottom. Strong taste of burning sugar through to the bottom of the bowl. No problems ghosting either, I can smoke a bowl of it then smoke a bowl of black top cherry and get no vanilla taste.
...and it's cheap.

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
I second the H&H Magnum Opus! This blend is awesome as it changes over the course of a bowl and it is not to strong that multiple bowls cannot be enjoyed in succession.

Status
Not open for further replies.