I've currently got 3 pipes:
- an Amadeus (a value brand from Greece, as I understand) Dublin
- a Peterson 'Sherlock Holmes' Strand (Acorn shape) with a standard mouthpiece
- a Boswell Rusticated Canadian
All three of these have large-ish bowls and I'm in the market for some different shapes with a smaller to medium sized bowl. The Amadeus and Peterson were both estate, the Boswell I bought new. The Peterson is my dedicated pipe for Balkan blends and I smoke only VA and VA/Perique blends in the Boswell. I use the Amadeus for "in between" blends like Penzance and Lancers Slices. When I do smoke aromatics or 1792 flake, which is very rarely, I use corncobs.
My want list includes:
- A quality Meerschaum pipe. So far I've looked at Baki, SMS, and Storient pipes. I really want the classic eagle claw shape.
- A Savinelli of some persuasion. I've heard so many good things about them.
- Something with a shallow but wide bowl, like a Prince or Tomato shape. I'd also like to add Rhodesian and Bent Brandy shapes.
- I don't like light colored grain usually.
- Except for the Meerschaum which I know I'll pay dearly for, I'm trying to keep the price under $100 per pipe.
I've looked hard at these pipes specifically but can't seem to pull the trigger till I do some more due diligence:
Savinelli Tevere Bent Brandy: http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=96885
Savinelli Duca Carlo Rhodesian: http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=117889
Tsuge Kaga Bent Brandy: http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/tsuge/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=97984
Brebbia Squat Tomato (I wish this one didn't have the scars): http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/brebbia/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=116408
Crowdsourcing and feeding others' PAD is one of the things people around here do best, so let's do this!