PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Ok, here's the problem, and I wasn't even looking: it appeared on the forum page--

002-508-3242.jpg

It's only $69, seems to have a plateau, is wide of chamber, and I've always had a weakness for Nording freehands: my Black Dress Nording Dublin is one of my best smoking pipes. But I'm a little low on funds right now, and sometimes I fall out of love with a pipe only to donate it or sell it on eBay. It's labeled as a "4", which I assume means a large chamber. What do ya think? What do I do?

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Well, if the worst happens, I could always make a fast sale on eBay and recover much of what I spent....

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
I say pass. You have to rein in your PAD :puffy:. You need to set an example for guys like Banjo, Peck and Harris. It can be done. Tell yourself "no more pipes until July." Of course we know how that worked for the last guy that used a similar mantra.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Sure I'll give ya a hand. I'll just head on over to smokingpipes and remove temptation for ya :nana:

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Let me know if you do, northerneil. It will remove the torture--I think. I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger and worrying about finances later.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
After my consolation spending on TAD after last weekends auction flop, I am -$85 in checking...
Do what feels right man.
:puffy:

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
sparrowhawk pulling the trigger on Nording freehand in 3....2....1.... :D
You seriously didn't think we would try and talk you out of buying that pipe now did you?

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
A lotta help you guys were! I went and did it--what are credit cards for? Plus, I figure I'll just skip that forthcoming trip to Paul's Pipe Shop this month and postpone it to next. And northernneil scared me a bit, maybe he would go and buy the pipe! Can't have that.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I can understand that, but I'd be so dead if I got that they would enter my picture in the dictionary under "deceased". Not to mention Dunhill shell briars...

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Feels good, doesn't it! :D
I've been focusing more on TAD lately but need to scratch the PAD itch soon. :puffy:

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
And northernneil scared me a bit, maybe he would go and buy the pipe! Can't have that.
Ah shit, I have been told I am an enabler.
If it makes you feel any better, I just pulled the trigger myself on my first meerschaum. So sadly I am in pretty much the same boat you are :rofl:

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Glad you got the Nording. You knew all of us would be no help dissuading you. PAD is addictive and infectious.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a good price for a Nording, and Nording is a good pipe. This doesn't mean you have to buy it, but I don't think it would be a big mistake.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
dcrguns, that is a nice morta... and a becker.
I have 3 mortas now and LOVE them.
You should get that, just so I know one of US has it and not one of THEM...

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
wyfbane: I know. I have a Walt Cannoy Smooth Morta, three Askwith Mortas and two Luciano Mortas. I love Morta pipes. Here we go again. No, I can't do it!! Lay-a-way maybe? SP has been sending me these sneaky "we want to sell you another pipe" emails. I even have my own personal salesman now!

Status
Not open for further replies.