PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
Does anyone have suggestions for uploading pics from iphone to the forum? I used to use imgur. Easy peasy. Straight from my phone to imgur which had a forum upload setting. Well they decided that wasn't good enough and updated the site. It doesn't work with my phone anymore. I'm old and do not play well with computer technology. Get off my lawn.

May 4, 2015
I also use imgur. My process is to upload to imgur, open the photo from the site, click the share button and then use notepad to paste the link. I copy it from there and paste to the forum.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I use strictly postimg as well, and I'm only on here on my phone or tablet. Never been easier to upload photos.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Wait, you can post from an iphone to forum album to forum?
I tried to sign up for postimage but you have to have a Facebook account. I don't use facebook for reasons when are forbidden to discuss on the forum. 8O

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Postimage is excellent for mobile use (via my adroid). Photobucket was awful for that use.
When I signed up for Postimage, I was not asked for any Facebook info. I think signing up via Facebook is an option (like many places), but not a requirement.

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Apple I phone upload to the album is super easy. Then copy the uploaded image by pushing on the screen, and then paste copied info after you hit IMG button , my only issue is that after pasting it always duplicates the http part, so you need to delete th extra code. And my pictures aren't always oriented the same way, but I'm a nincapoop when it comes to technology

May 4, 2015
8z6nj.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm not sure what you are doing wrong Dave. In the post above, there isn't any URL info posted, only the one word "test".
Post the web address for your hosing site (postimage?)

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Thanks for all the help and suggestions everyone.
@Al, I tried to post a pic and a long string of letters popped up, alas no pic. I deleted it before the edit window closed. I'll try again soon. I haven't posted any pictures in months and have a ton of cool stuff and refurbs to show. Hint: sandblasts are my new obsession.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Here's the info you need to post to a reply box, see the blue highlighted URL string. Paste that directly into the reply box (DO NOT also use the IMG function).

Status
Not open for further replies.