PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoppes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2017
This is a hard one!! I have been searching the net for any clues. This is a delicate rusticated pipe that was owned by the director George Sidney.He had his pipes stamped with his special stamp by Al Kramer of Kramer's Pipe Store in Hollywood. This one has his stamp that has obliterated most of the original markings. The stem is most likely a replacement so there are no markings to help. A style marking of 26 is prominent. The only letters I can make out under the George Sidney stamp are --NDEN--. There is a faint engraving that appears to be a clover leaf with the letters KBB.The lower line appears to be Italian Bruyere. The only info I can come up with is the KBB stood for Kaufman Brothers and Bondy.So experts, is this a Kaywoodie, a preKaywoodie or some other brand. The information I was able to glean for the internet is this might be a preKaywoodie since it is marked on the stummel with the cloverleaf or propeller symbol and the word Bruyere was supposedly used quite early on. Also the style number 26 was also used quite early by KBB. The later two digit numbers don't show the number 26? Any expert help would be appreciated. Great way to learn history !! Thanks, Hoppes

Status
Not open for further replies.