Status
Not open for further replies.

jvandy77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
UnknownPipe004.jpg

UnknownPipe003.jpg

UnknownPipe002.jpg

This is a good looking pipe and a great smoker too! I just have no idea what it is. The only markings are "CHAMPION DELUXE" over "ALGERIAN BRIAR" on the bottom of the shank. Any help is much appreciated!
-Jim

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
Can you post a picture of the markings? Also what is the inlay on the stem made of? Is it nickle or aluminum?

jvandy77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
If you mean the band on the stem, I'm not sure how to tell whether it is nickel or aluminum. As for the inlay on the stem, I can tell that it is not painted on, bat rather cut from a separate rod of material and inlayed into the stem.

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
Is it a filter pipe? Also check to see if the band has been placed because of a cracked shank, it doesn't look like it fits flush with the stem so if the shank has a small crack that might be helpful but if it doesn't I would suggest that it has a replacement stem and then it might be impossible to identify the maker.

jvandy77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
No cracked shank, but the band and stem fit well on/into the shank. I don't believe that there is any room for a filter either.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
This link may help you.It appears that Champion was/is a Swiss made pipe and used Algerian brier.
http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/logo-c4.html

Status
Not open for further replies.