PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 27, 2014
http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=111303473251 I need to know who bought this pipe it was my only dunhill and it was wrongfully sold I loaned it to a trusted friend to pawn (stupid me) that's all I had of any value to help it was pawned at county line pawn in marietta ga so anyway it was lost to the pawn shop and I couldn't do anything about it since I wasn't on the pawn ticket and they wouldn't work with me I desperately need to find it I can't tell you how upset I am I also have proof in pix that I owned it if you can help please do I need it

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Don't mean to be harsh here, but you gave that pipe away. Maybe you could go after you "friend", if you had a contract, but in the end, you gave him the pipe, he pawned it, it's not coming back.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Check out the listings for Pipestud on Ebay. He is a respected forum member and he has some nice Dunhill pipes that end tomorrow 3-28-14. He is located in Texas which is on Central time in case your time zone is different.
Perhaps a new Dunhill to you will help ease the pain for the one that is now gone.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
It doesn't sound like we have all the information... If it was a real friend, they would pay you back for the pipe they "wrongfully sold".

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
This is a tough situation. Basically, you're out one pipe, and there's only a very slight likelihood that you will be able to locate the purchaser and buy it back from him. Yes--buy--because he is now the owner of that pipe. Your best bet, as has already been suggested, is to find another Dunhill from a trusted seller, and buy it. Also, a conversation with your "trusted friend" may be in order, but I doubt that will lead anywhere, since you gave it to him to pawn. He did as you asked, and that may be the end of it.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Apparently, your 'trusted friend' also pawned off the period key from your keyboard.

Other than that... this story just doesn't quite make any sense.

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
I guess whoever purchased that pipe the purchaser really wanted that pipe.

22 times betting on ebay on pipe shows all.

Well looks like the river never return. Hope you find another nice Dunhill pipe.

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
I have always been amazed at how many people reply to single post members who need information about 'their' pipe, and want everyone to do the research for them.

I'm also amazed that members entertain what could possibly be 'fishing expeditions' by posters because they want to troll, use, and toy with the forum.

Should we not implement a 'must reach plateau' before soliciting pricing information, search requests, buy/trade/sell?
Shutterbug

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
How on earth would you find your pipe on ebay out of 1000's of listings. Oh I heard Tony bought that pipe, the pipe community is very tight knit you know....

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
@ shutterbug...

Should we not implement a 'must reach plateau' before soliciting pricing information, search requests, buy/trade/sell?
I'm not at all sure if, or if not that is what is going on here. I own and run a forum site for some years now and you can not implement a 'post quota', etc. for someone asking a question. You can only do so for someone being allowed to 'post' on a certain forum such as the Buy/Sell/Trade forum.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Lol, shutterbug. That's like screaming for everyone to shut up. Just add your name to the people who've replied to the "troll".

Status
Not open for further replies.