PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Hi gang, semi newby here. I dried my tobacco and its dry. I then packed a bowl and it was packed. Then I lit the baccy with a lighter gifted from Haja and I enjoyed it. I'm headed out to meet some friends so I put some baccy in a plastic bag, not a clear plastic, more an opaque.
So here's my question. Now that my baccy is dry, what's next?

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Re-humidify it!
tobacco-pouch-humidity-humidor-button-5.png

Sep 18, 2015
First of all everyone knows it’s a fact the opaque baggies trap moisture in their cell structure and then release it to the inside of the bag. Unless you dried your tobacco on the inner thigh of a virgin under the light of a full Blue moon then it’s not really dry, in fact it’s probably ruined.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Through trial and error, I've eliminated my dry tobacco troubles by washing my pipes in the sink just after loading the bowl and immediately prior to smoking.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
As with my underwear, I prefer by baggies be translucent. An opaque bag can only lead to a celibate lifestyle.
As for what to do with dry tobacco, olkofri is correct. Rehumidify it, then lather, rinse, repeat.
BTW, your screen name is familiar. Are you sure that you are not on the "Chili is a Stew" FB page?

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I’d be afraid of going out with your friends with a bag full of tinder-dry rocket fuel. I’d definitely stay away from any heat sources and combustion engines. Maybe try and stay in the shade too.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
BTW...drying really shouldn't be a concern for you anyway, because anything will stay lit with a Haja lighter.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
The only sure cure to bring that over dried tobacco back is to slooooooowly re-humidify it with Penzance. Put it in a Mason jar at a ratio of 10 parts dry tobacco to one part Penzance for six months. Then increase the proportion by one part of Penzance once per month until you achieve a proportion of 832 parts Penzance to one part original tobacco. This is the only way it can be done, and if it doesn't work, it's because you fucked up the procedure. I know it works because I overheard Jesse explaining it to Jim and George at a Patriarchy meeting I was eavesdropping on at a Rhodeway Inn in Newark.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I do believe everyone is drunk tonight. Must be the New Year Holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.