PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmowrey

Lurker
Jan 15, 2014
Hello,
I am a newbie who has inherited a vintage Whitehall Briar-Italian Bent Pipe and wish to sell it. I have been given an offer of $30 for this pipe that is good condition. Does anyone know if this value is fair or is my Briar pipe worth more?

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Welcome to the forums. There is a guide to posting images:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/instructions-for-posting-pictures
My best advice is check on eBay what similar pipes have sold for and base your decision around that. If you have restored it then usually you can bump the price a bit as it's ready to smoke and looks a great deal better than the grimy beat up pipes. Good luck.

mrdottle

Lurker
Jan 13, 2014
Whitehalls are a lower end pipe. I'd take the money and run.
Here are completed eBay listings for Whitehall pipes:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=whitehall+pipee&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc
They don't fetch a great deal, if sold at all. There was also a Whitehall tobacco. I may be mistaken, but these pipes may have been purchased with a certain number of coupons that could be found in the Whitehall tobacco tins / boxes, then redeemed from the manufacturer for a Whitehall pipe of your choice.
A cigarette is to be smoked. A cigar is to be enjoyed. A pipe is to be savored.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Go on take the money and run (hoo hooo hooo). I'd put a value on it somewhere from $5-$30. Anywhere in that range is acceptable for the pipe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You are a pipe smoker who has inherited a pipe? I believe I would think long and hard about it before

cashing it in for measly money like thirty bucks. Maybe the person you inherited this from doesn't seem

so important in your life right now. Maybe this pipe doesn't look like much; it's ordinary. But when you

inherit a modest possession from someone, that is a memento and legacy of that life. I'd hang onto it.

You'll have plenty of money for better pipes as you go along. I think you'll be way more than thirty dollars

glad you kept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.