PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
I realize that Dunhill tinned blends have had several different sources over the years. I imagine Dunhill did it themselves for a long time and then I think it was taken over by Murray's of Belfast for a while. Were the Murray's tins marked as being made in the UK?
After Murrays closed I believe production went to Denmark and was marked made in the EU, is this correct.
Now I have been reading that it's being made somewhere else in the EU.
I have two tins of Nightcap that have paper labels on gold tins and are marked as being made in the EU under the authority of Dunhill Tobacco of London Limited. The weight is just given in grams (50g) and the label is different than any others I see in that there are three yellow lines of the blends description under the picture of cap, bowl and candle.
There is a side sticker from Ca warning about the health affects and the back has a white label that states US Distributors Lane Limited, Tucker Georgia. I have had them for at least 5 years but they look much older than that.
Any idea as to which blender made these tins?
nightcap_zpsb099a59b.jpg

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
That does help, thanks you. I am now sure that mine is Denmark production. I have heard that there was another source in the EU after Denmark. Anyone know about that?

Aug 14, 2012
Don't know about 5 years ago. The USA Dunhill says made in the EU. The English Dunhill says made in Denmark. So it is probably made in Denmark.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Until Orlik took over, the Nightcap tins that were exported to North America were painted tins, stating manufactured in the U.K. under authority ... The tin bottoms also have no raised edge.
nightcap.jpg

So yours might be Orlik production from around 2005? My best guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.