PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodaknight

Lurker
Sep 3, 2013
Hi folks. Pastor and I play Santa for charities. I am new here and learning lots by reading. Everyone seems friendly, so at risk of having old unwanted pouches of tobacco thrown at me I need to ask for some help...
My grandfather smoked a pipe and the smell was awesome ( aromatics?) I dunno either way he offered me a pipe full one night some many many moons ago. I still remember that smell and taste. It was like Christmas in my mouth. I dont know of course what was in it but it smelt great. The taste was medium light and I still remember plums, vanilla, cherry ( basically all the sweet stuff I have read many pipe smokers hate lol ) there was no "bite" at all.
I have been in search for something like this for a little while now. Some smell great but bite and I taste nothing sweet. I ordered a Christmas blend and was extremely disappointed by it. Not sure what was christmas-ish- about it. Unless an abusive parent being to spicy liked to bite and no sweets for the kids while no thoughts of sugarplums danced... ok you get the point. Tried the black vanilla cav, executive blend and dark cherry as well. Liked those.
Anyways so sorry this is long. How about this... HI I'm new and looking for nice no bite sweet tasting and smelling tobacco. Any thoughts? Ha! Blessings N Stuff. J

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I would recommend calling Pipeworks & Wilke and speaking with Carole. 802-661-8339 or 800-832-8309.
She will help you to assemble a sampler pack of blends to suit your taste based on your descriptions. These aromatics are top-of-the-line. Rumcake is their Christmas blend that is sold year 'round. You can read through the menu here: http://www.vtpipes.com/tobacco.html
You may also like the McClelland Holiday Spirit blends.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
For holiday blends, Peterson of Dublin always does a seasonal blend. I've never experienced a bad one. Usually nice light flavors that remind people of the holiday season. Last year's I think was hazelnut, caramel, and baked apples. This year it's plum, honey, and cinnamon. Kind of smells like a Christmas cookie. Typically they're done on a high quality leaf that burns well and doesn't bite. The top dressing is usually done in a nice even pace where it's noticeable but not overpowering. You still get some natural leaf flavors.
I haven't tried McClelland's Holiday Spirit, but I plan on ordering two tins of it to give it a try. I've heard it's a solid seasonal aromatic.
Another one of the seasonal TAD is Hearth & Home's Egg Nog. It's a mixture of vanilla, cinnamon, rum, and nutmeg. I've heard it invokes memories of the holiday season.
McClelland also does a Christmas Cheer, but it's not an aromatic. It's a straight Virginia blend of the highest quality leaf they found available for the year they produce it. I think this year's is from a 2008 crop.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A few of my favorite aromatics include Lane's Q-1 sold by many different names; Lane's LL-7, which has a lovely room note;

Altadis "Queen Anne's Revenge"; and Atltadis "Dark Obsession." Also, Altadis "Wild Cherry," which is not cough-syrup-like.

Personally, I had a bad experience with Peterson's Holiday Blend, 2011, which I found too loaded with holiday scent and also

full of bite, no matter how I tried to dry it, mix it, or smoke it with filters. I finally composted it. But many Forums members

found that and other holiday blends really good. What music do you dance to?

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
McCellands Holiday Spirit is a good seasonal aromatic, it's rum, pecan and coco I would advise on trying it.

~Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.