PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
Going to be ordering a new pipe(Savenelli Trevi) from pipes&cigars and need help choosing a tobacco'

Im really liking the "mild english" and want to order some to get my bill over 100.00 for the free ship. There are so many brands and blends and I have NO idea what I'm looking at yet. Can someone please tell me which blends are am affordable yet tasty Mild English? Im going to try Laned 1q, BCA, and then some PA because I cant find it in town. I could smoke this Mild English all day but just dont know which brands to look at and have no idea what my B&M uses. Thanks all!

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I like McClelland AM Pipe and Peter Stokkebye Proper English both low cost bulk tobacco's. I'd ask P&C for some recommendations. 8O

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Peter Stokkebye's English Luxury is a very nice mild to medium English that's worth a shot. The Savinelli is also a great choice. I have several Sav's and think they are a great value and excellent smokers. Good luck.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
at their site, in the bulk section, choose:
Samuel Gowith: Commonwealth

Dunhill: Nightcap

Hearth & Home: Daybreak

Hearth & Home: Larry's Blend
all VERY tasty English blends. :clap:

Jul 12, 2011
great pipe; can't go wrong with Dunhill EMP, you may even want to go into the med-full blends (SG-SL, C&D Billy bud (C&D make some great english blends), Dunhill London mix) realm of English if you like the flavor (but it really depends on taste as some of my favs are now not and others that I really didn't like I now LOVE....the wonders and mystery of pipe tobacco and the pipe-smoker....fantastic!)

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I second the recommend Dunhill Early Morning Pipe. I don't smoke a lot of English, but EMP and McClelland's Three Oaks Original are two I enjoy from time to time... :puffy:

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I fourth the EMP. H&H Black House and Magnum Opus are grand,too. If you want a light smoke that's just a little bit on the aro side, I'd reccommend Nat Sherman's Riverside Whiskey. It has a good flavor but doesn't scream "HEY! SMELL ME!!!" ever time you smoke it.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
EMP, proper English by PS, just order some bulk (2oz) of what you think you might like and go from there...you won't know unless you try it!

Jul 15, 2011
I'd recommend Balkan Sasieni. Its a tinned blend made by Peter Stokkebye, and not only is it incredibly mild and super tasty, but very affordable as well.

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
I have 6 different tobaccos on the way! I have high hopes for the EMP and English Luxery so I ordered a few ounces of those and several single oz's of English and VA blends. Thank you all so much!

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
I enjoy hearing about what other people smoke, I smoke a lot of what is listed. I would also recommend the PS Navy Flake.

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
LOL Uncle. I think I remember seeing some of that in the box pass. Didn't try it; doesn't sound like I missed out.
Always glad to hear about someone branching out and trying new delicious tobaccos. I'm way overdue to try something new.
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.