PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESTATE-RADICE-RIND-T-B-EXQUISITE-ARTISAN-COLLECTORS-PIPE-BRAND-NEW-IN-CARTON-/371037678077?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=9flR34Sy0Vy8NNmTH7M4dVr8NU0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
In the words of the great poet and songstress Britney Spears, "Oops, I did it again". I pulled the trigger on another PAD piece of briar, as a result of a lack of self control. This time it's an unsmoked older Radice Rind T/B bent poker sitter. I got a damn good deal on it and I know, I really need to stay away from ebay for a while. I now have 2 Radice's on the way. I hope they are as good as everyone says! I'll have a twin bore and a regular cut stem to compare.
Do they have a PAD rehab somewhere?

May 31, 2012
Dayum!
New unsmoked Rind for that price?
You ain't gotta problem,

you gotta good plan!
I've been having massive PAD attack this last month also dammit,

keep on paddin' brother!

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
You've come to the wrong place for rehab - encouragement, yes.

Enjoy your new pipe and remember "opportunity only knocks once, answer it."

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
We are all enablers so quit now if you are expecting us to talk you out of it. What do you think this is AA??? :rofl:

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
I have 4 or 5 pipes from that seller I believe. You should've caught their auctions when they first were putting up these pipes last summer. I believe they didn't yet realize what these pipes could go for. I got a number of stellar deals.
Congrats on your new Rind!

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
What is your problem? You have two nice,beautiful,great pipes now.

No problem. You could have one more Radice.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Everyone, I apologize, I was famished earlier and had not yet eaten dinner. My complaints were unwarranted and I did not intend to be such a Debbie Downer for scoring a great pipe at a great price. O nights of the great table of briar, please forgive thau, for thau hath sinned.
Dawg, I noticed that before I bid and did an advanced search to find some other new Radices that looked the same and claimed "unsmoked", as well as reading about Radices and that they are supposed to come bare briar and without coating inside the bowl. With the research done and from the looks of the box and how it is described in the description, I figure it could have been something they used to do and then changed at some point. I should be able to tell when I get it though and I'll let everyone know. If anyone with extensive knowledge on Radices knows any different, please let me and the rest of us know. Thanks for the comments though guys!

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Nice score!! I really liked the draw on the twin bore.
PAD is an evil thing when it clutches you by the balls and squeezes until you relent. It's like PAD knows our strings and how to pull them or it just beats us into submission with a mallet.
My wife says there will always be another pipe, which is true, but then I say there will never be another pipe just like this one.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Ok Corey, I'm here, it's going to be alright.
Since my specialty is PAD rehab I immedietly picked up that Radice or possibly other great Italian pipe makers is the "trigger" to your problem and the first step in my 12 step program is to have you send me all of those pipes. You don't have to go through this alone, I'm here for ya.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Hey junkyarddawg, just an update, I did some further investigating and found that some new Radices come with a pre coated bowl, it is optional. I went back and looked closely at the pics provided by the seller as well and it definitely looks unsmoked to me. The final call will be when I get the pipe and see for myself, but I don't think there is any foul play here. I also messaged the seller regarding the issue, so we'll see what he has to say about it. Thank you for pointing it out though.
Just got the estate radice today and after a thorough cleaning, smoked a bowl of ODF. It smokes wonderfully and looks great. Besides a little rim darkening that was clearly visible in the pics provided, there was only a tiny bit of charring in a couple places inside the bowl, but those should cake over and be just fine. Definitely well worth what I paid! I'll do a full post and put some pics up when I get a chance.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
The title on your original post tells it all--if you're on this forum, that's just the beginning of your problem. It just gets worse from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.