PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenfiver

Lurker
Nov 13, 2018
I'm a long time lurker, but I figured it's about time to officially join the forum. I'm 38 and have been smoking pipes off and on for ~20 years. My grandpa was a literature professor and a pipe man through-and-through, so I adopted a lot of my love for literature and pipes from him.
I have an odd ball collection of pipes from older Dunhills to basket pipes, so I'm not really one to have a favored maker. I just like the ones make smoke. I'm the same with tobacco. I like just about everything. I have a cellar full of VA's in varied stages of aging, and in the meanwhile I'm going through another aromatic phase while I wait on the VA's.
I've already learned a lot from this forum as a lurker, but I look forward to joining in on the discussions in the future.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome tenfiver. Police officer perhaps? You're our second new member from Wyoming in the past week or so. Wyoming...beautiful state.

tenfiver

Lurker
Nov 13, 2018
Thanks guys.
No, I'm not a police officer. Back in very early days of the internet, I needed a user name for some site I was joining. I had no idea, but the tv was going in the background, and on it an officer called in a "ten fiver" over the radio. I went with it, and I've been going with it for over 20 years now.
I'll have to go look for the other member from Wyoming. It's rare to run across another pipe smoker here!

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Welcome! I really enjoyed spending time in Wyoming. Looking forward to your posts.

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Welcome! I've been to Cheyenne a few time for the rodeos. Like it very much.
I might have guessed from your avatar you're a Wyoming guy.

tenfiver

Lurker
Nov 13, 2018
Thanks again.
Welcome! I've been to Cheyenne a few time for the rodeos. Like it very much.
I might have guessed from your avatar you're a Wyoming guy.
Yessir, I'm 5th generation, so ol' Steamboat (the logo) is in my blood.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Was up from Denver last Friday to shoot my second speed goat this season. Got done early and thought I would stop in Cheyenne on the way home to see if any B&M's had any Dunhill left. Ummm.....what B&M's ? Couldn't find one. Well at least Google couldn't find one. Getting all your stuff online?

Status
Not open for further replies.