PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramkitty

Lurker
Jan 1, 2013
First post to the mag, lurked for a few months and took the plunge buying my first pipe a month ago with a small pouch of Brigham's Sunday morning. Had a few bowls of that and skills improved. Since bought a pouch of a Brigham balken blend and an aero sample from 4noggins with 2oz 1q and awaiting its arrival. I have liked both blends well enough but they don't sing to me. I think part of it is I am unfamiliar with tasting techniques. Looking forward to trying more bowls in a contemplative sitting and relaxing

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
Welcome! I've found that my taste has changed since I've started smoking a pipe and it's nice to revisit a blend I didn't like a few months later.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
Hello, and welcome to the forum! 1Q was one of the first tobaccos I tried, and I really liked it.

crk69

Jun 30, 2012
Welcome to the forum.... Can't go wrong with 1Q in my opinion..

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Welcome. Probably the best thing about pipes is the vast amount of tobacco you can try and as your tastes change, there's always something out their to meet it.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Welcome aboard!
Make sure you check out tobacco reviews and luxury tobacco reviews dot coms. Helps you start to zero in on stuff you might like.

ramkitty

Lurker
Jan 1, 2013
Ii forgot to mention I was convinced to sign up from listening to the NPR interview... And the box exchange sounds interesting after I get some experience (and posts)

morton

May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Welcome to a fellow Canadian! You'll find that as your smoking technique (packing, lighting, tamping and puffing etc) improve that you will find lots of blends that you really like. Like sergemoat says, your tastes will change and blends you hated before might become your favourites (spelled the Canadian way).

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Welcome! I have fond memories of my one trip to Victoria in 6th grade... it was an extended field trip, and that day's itinerary was a trip to the Provincial Museum. I think I've still got the leather bookmark I bought there. :)

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I grew up near Port Angeles, WA and have been to your fair city on a number of occasions, most recently in June of last year. Welcome to the board!

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Welcome to the forums from across the Straight; you'll find a fair number of us Canadians scattered around here. If you ever find yourself headed over to this side of the water, and would like to sit down for a bowl shoot me a PM...although the pubs may not like our kind, my patio is always open and my bar is always stocked!

thebadkitty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 29, 2012
Albany, Oregon
Welcome! I grew up in Port Townsend (recognizing many of Phillip's pictures, especially the one of the marina where he recently had painting done...I thought it looked familiar...used to make money in high school scraping barnacles haha), and have visited your city many times. Great place you live in, and this a great place to learn about pipe smoking.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Hey ramkitty welcome to pipesmag i myself joined not to long ago and im from Ontario Canada. you made the right choice joining you'll learn so much from here and everyone is eager to help and full of great advice.

scottishjohn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2012
Broomfield, Colorado
Hi Ramkitty,

One of my most favorite places in the world: Victoria. My wife and I were married there in 2001 and returned in 2010 for our anniversary. Love the Island it is on as well. Spent two weeks traveling up the inner coast line in 2010. We probably would live there if we did not like Colorado so much. Victoria is the jewel of North America in my mind. We will return very soon again for a visit.
" I have some friends, some honest friends, and honest friends are few;

My pipe of briar, my open fire, A book that's not too new."---Robert Service

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Howdy Ramskitty, I am probably an hour south of you in a small town called Mount Vernon in WA. Welcome to the forum!!!

ramkitty

Lurker
Jan 1, 2013
I always enjoyed driving through Mt Vernon on the way to Ft.Lewis or Yakima I suspect its more like 30min by small airplane due east.
I smoked a (first full) bowl yesterday of the Brigham sunday morning and not used to the nicotine for sure. I also experienced burgle for the first time so I dried the jar overnight a bit and I suspect I am a drooly piper as well. I packed it in a way where I tamped the outside more than the inside and I think that was a mistake next pipe I will tamp the center of the bowl only.

Status
Not open for further replies.