PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 10, 2018
Hello all, long term pipe smoker since back in the nineties. I have been reading reviews here for quite a while and finally thought I should really contribute now and then.

Nothing really fancy about me or my motley collection of pipes.

Just another voice in the wind who enjoys a good smoke and like the conversation of pipe smokers!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Big hello from Kentucky! Picked up the pipe back in '91 myself, what all do you enjoy smoking?

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
jolly-roger-600x399.jpg

Welcome aboard...
jay-roger.jpg

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
Are you greater or lesser? Sorry. I can't help myself. Welcome aboard!
Fair Warning: These guys will give you great advice on how to spend your lunch money! :D

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard. The only island where I ever lived, for about eight months, when it was a naval station, was Midway, which is now uninhabited except for the occasional research team. When I was there in '70-71, it was a remote tropical paradise in the far western Hawaiian chain, as far from Honolulu as from New York City to Ohama. Now, sadly, it is beset by plastic trash that poisons some of nesting sea birds like Laysan Albatross, but I treasure my memories of a world that has gone.

Nov 10, 2018
Thanks all for the welcome I cant or wont say where I am but I am sure mso489 and a few others have a good idea of where. Lets just say the mail takes forever to get here lol.
As for smoking I have been a Peterson man since forever mostly being a family thing. But I do own a few others that I like just as much.

Tobacco wise I am very eclectic and like a lot of things but my regulars are Davidoff medallions and blue mixture, Petersons Irish flake, RPL-6 and yes though I will get hammered to the mast for this....Captain Black original.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
retread', are pipes and tobacco readily available to you there from online retailers without abusive customs? Some of the folks in more remote locations have a hard time getting pipes and tobacco, but it sounds like you're doing okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.