Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemlock0

Lurker
Aug 2, 2018
Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I've been a lurking here for a long time but finally made an account.
My name is Zach, and I'm only 18. I've been smoking pipe for a few months now.
I'm from good ol' Titusville, Pennsylvania. Known for the first successful use of a drilling rig to drill for oil back in the 1800s.
I enjoy mild Englishes and from time to time I indulge in some aromatics. I used to use an old Savinelli but I loaned it to a friend who wanted to try pipe smoking, recently I've gotten myself a nice freehand from J.M. Boswell.
My favorite color would have to be a nice Crimson Red.
I do not enjoy Mixture 79, I find it to be chemical-like and very bitey, I'm sure it could get a tiny bit better with some cellaring time, but I didn't like what I had first tried.

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Welcome, Zach. I am also in PA, close to Pittsburgh. I just started smoking a pipe a little over two weeks ago, and new to the forums too.

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
Welcome Zach! You seem to know a bit about what you're getting into..... :)
In any case, there is a great deal of information and advice to be had here.....but don't listen to me. I'm fairly Scurvy (4th Class) and an inveterate N00B......
CW

writingraav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 11, 2018
Welcome Zach. How close are you to Philadelphia? You might enjoy the meetings of the Christopher Morley Pipe Club in

Center City. If interested let me know and I'll give you the details.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
writingraav, do I know you from Morley's? There are several of us PM members who hang out in a cliquishly snobby unkindness of ravens and quietly massage our unopened bags of Esoterica, while make snide and snarky comments about everyone else. It's really quite an enjoyable evening!

hemlock0

Lurker
Aug 2, 2018
Welcome Zach. How close are you to Philadelphia? You might enjoy the meetings of the Christopher Morley Pipe Club in

Center City. If interested let me know and I'll give you the details.
Actually, I'm completely on the other side of the state. About 5 1/2 hours away.

writingraav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 11, 2018
I am one of the three founding members of Morley, though I haven't been able to come much over the last couple of years because of schedule issues. I was there last month and will be there this month and hopefully on a regular basis going forward now that I've retired. If we haven't met yet, we will, I hope.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Zach, welcome aboard. If you have any questions about pipes or tobacco, you can get some good information on Forums ... and a thousand opinions.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Welcome, I am also from PA and if you stay long enough and really get into piping, this will happen to you:
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/zitotczito/album/picture/27563

Status
Not open for further replies.