PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

creeldaddy

Lurker
May 9, 2019
How's it going everybody just joined the forums today and wanted to say thanks to the group for all the great information available to someone new to pipe smoking like myself. I just recently got into pipe smoking, have been a cigarette smoker for years and have tried to quit on multiple occasions and nothing ever seemed to work. Around the first of April my brother and I were in downtown Columbia and happened by the Briarworks shop and my brother said we should check it out, so we went inside. Pete was the one who showed us around and was great at explaining the different types of blends and pipes and even showed us how to load the pipe so we both bought a mm country gentleman and some tobacco and smoked our first bowl before we left the shop. I have since been back several times and met several of the guys there all of them are great and I'm looking forward to the muletown pipeshow coming up, hopefully will get to meet some more people from the community. So far I have been able to cut out all cigarettes at home and to and from work just find myself still smoking a few on breaks at work. I won't write a whole book but again thanks to everyone for being so welcoming and helping to get this pack a day smoker down to about 2 packs a week.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Welcome from SE Louisiana.
I did see a Hobbit house on a hill between Johnson City and Kingsport, TN a couple of weeks ago.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome to the site from Florida. If I had a place like Briarworks by me I would be in there every day.

The more you hang out and get into the pipe culture the quicker you will cut out the cigs. Good luck.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
congrats on cutting back on the cigs and welcome to the forum! How are your smoking laws there? Not at work I see but restaurants? Hotels still have smoking rooms?

creeldaddy

Lurker
May 9, 2019
Thanks everyone for being so welcoming. I have not seen any hobbits, but I didn't notice Briarworks till they had been here a while. I would love to be in there everyday but my wife and wallet probably wouldn't be very happy. I am enjoying trying different tobaccos now. Started with some aromatics, and I am now moving more towards english blends the first time i tried one with latakia I didn't care for it but it has really grown on me. @plugugly Smoking laws here are not as strict as some places, most restaurants are dont allow smoking inside at all but have areas outside. There are a few restaurants that are 21 and up just to allow people to smoke inside. As far as hotels the only ones that I have been in only allow smoking outside I just haven't been in many around here to know for sure if smoking rooms are available or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.