PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

marcno

Lurker
Mar 27, 2019
Hello everyone, Marc here. Recently retired, I’ve been smoking a pipe since I got out of the Army in mid 80’s. Nothing fancy, Prince Albert and the different aromatic Captain Blacks. The wife doesn’t mind the Cherry Cavendish... I have a few good pipes ranging from Peterson , Albertson, a new Rattray (the judge) some from my Great Grandfather in Belgium to a knock around Dr Grabow. Here to learn a little more of a hobby I love...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard, Marc. My wife -- I was a widower then remarried after ten years -- lived on Long Island and in an apartment in Greenwich Village, for decades. She had a long career with Newsday on Long Island when it was a big paper with foreign bureaus. We met at age 19 at school, then went our separate ways until about 12 years ago. I visited up there a lot. She lived in Ridge, near Riverhead and Brookhaven. We hauled around a lot, and I love Long Island, including the wonderful town names. Now we're in central N.C.

skaukatt

Can't Leave
Hi Marc and welcome!
Not sure how far out on Long Island you are located but I wanted to let you know of a get together of the newly formed, Long Island Pipe Club, an informal group that just launched, on Thurs., April 18th 6:30pm at Maxis Cigar Lounge, 749 Hempstead Turnpike, Franklin Square, NY 11010, USA. I hope to be there along with many others who share the joy of briar and leaf!
You are also always welcome to join members of the NY Pipe Club on the second Tues. of each month at Soho Cigar Bar 32 Watts Street in SoHo, NYC. We meet at 6pm and stay until we run out of matches! It's a great spot where we have the fortune of being able to grab a bite, a drink and smoke, can count on one hand (even if you are missing 3-4 fingers!) how many other places you can do that in NYC.
Hope to see you around one of these months!
Lou

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Welcome, Marc! I'm from Chicago, but was born in Astoria, Queens.

As a new retiree, you probably have the time, but if you have the means, come to the Chicago Pipe Show during the first week of May. It's an incredible way to meet pipe people from around the United States and the world. The show is the biggest in the world, and attracts a couple thousand folk. Here's a link to the details:

http://www.chicagopipeshow.com/2019-show-flyer/

Status
Not open for further replies.