PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

arty

Lurker
Oct 8, 2017
Hi all! I've been reading this forum for a while, and joined just now.
I'm a 26 year old man from India. And I would consider myself a beginner.

Unfortunately, I can't find pipe tobacco anywhere here. Only stuff available is Captain Black and Borkum Riff.... and the tobacconists here are selling years old pouches here most of the time. Aged tobacco is good, but not aromatic blends. I've been trying to get my hands on Erinmore Flake for a year now and the seller I know hasn't had it in stock.

Suffice it to say that there isn't much of a market for pipes and tobacco in India.
So, I saved up some money, and placed an order on 4noggins back in 2015. Got myself a couple of corncobs and a few good quality tobaccos. I smoked those 250 grams over a period of six months.

Because of money and health problems, I couldn't place any more orders. And of course, when you save your hard earned money for a long time, it makes you nervous to think that your country's customs department might just confiscate the stuff. (Yeah, you're a devil worshipper if you smoke ANY kind of tobacco here.... it isn't socially acceptable). I have, however, learned a lot about different types of tobacco, the curing processes, history and so much more.
Are there any members here from India? And is there any way to procure some tobacco and pipes here?

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
4noggins has a strong record of getting packages through customs without confiscation and fees. Given the paucity of pipes snd tobaccos in India, I think they are your best bet.

The owner Rich Gottlieb is very dependable. Good luck!
Good luck!

arty

Lurker
Oct 8, 2017
@saltedplug : Thanks! I know.... I'm saving money for the next order, and also to get a credit card (used a friend's earlier) so I can place another order next year.
@chasingembers : Thank you! :)

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Welcome aboard Sir,

I might be giving a try to 4Noggins.com in the future as well,I'm usually dealing with smokingpipes.com, but never I was not ordering no more than two packages at once and opting for their Ups supersaver method which is very affordable (yet slow)all went nice-

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Welcome to the forums. Hope you have better luck getting some tobacco in India.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
I agree with Cosmic! Please do post pictures of your home and anything you find interesting. I too am interested in India.
I forgot to say WELCOME!
Here is the view from my chair in our new living room. Thought maybe you need some cool air from the mountains.
23742852358_69c1a87000_z_d.jpg

37563597142_d95fef1325_z_d.jpg

The pics are dark, I had to do that to get the view outside the window.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
NevadaBlue:assumably these mountains are somewhere within the State of Nevada?

Cortez: is Cold weatherfront approaching the Windy City-or still keeping warm?

in our parts of world rainy and windy one week in a row-I reside on the souternmost seashore where most always winds are blowing,,Imagine how this would during winter months,sometimes unbearable

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Paulie, those are the Ruby Mountains, south of Elko. The 'Alps of the Nevada' they are sometimes called.

arty

Lurker
Oct 8, 2017
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
Nevada blue: yup... It's that mountain air I need right now. Still pretty hot where I live. You have an amazing view from your living room. Totally jealous :)
I'm away from home for a few days. Will certainly post some pics here soon
Cortez: that's great. Any plans of coming over here any time soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.