PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd0bik

Lurker
Jan 19, 2019
Hello all...
I found this site and forums yesterday and joined up. I smoked my first pipe over 30 years ago. At that time I was a young 20 something and was into Civil War, Indian Wars and old west re-enacting. At that time I was smoking mostly clay pipes and the occasional corncob. Life got busy for me while starting my career. At that time the only time I smoked a pipe was during those events.
I was walking in the park a few weeks ago and passed by an older gentleman smoking a pipe. It smelled awesome. Then a few days later my wife and I was watching Maigret (starting Rowan Atkinson aka Mr. Bean) and after watching him smoke his pipe and remembering that smell from a few days before, I decided to give pipe smoking a try again.
Needless to say, now that I'm north of 50....I'm finding pipe smoking to be a great escape from a hectic lifestyle. I enjoy the peace and tranquility and the memories from a nice 20-30 minute bowl of various aromatic blends.
I'm looking forward to learning more from these pages and getting to know everyone.
Thanks for allowing me to join.
Jerry

leafsmoker

Can't Leave
Oct 26, 2017
Indiana, USA
''Thanks for allowing me join''. I think you might be the first new member with that quote. enjoy, because I already know you appreciate the forum. as a lot of us do... :puffpipe:

kd0bik

Lurker
Jan 19, 2019
Thanks for all the welcome messages. I suppose I just meant that I'm happy to be here. NO reason why I shouldn't be allowed. LOL
I'm in Denver
Jerry

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Welcome from upstate SC, Jerry! Glad to have you here! We're all the same & we're all different. You'll fit right in, trust me. }:) Won't take you long to get in the groove.
Bill

kd0bik

Lurker
Jan 19, 2019
LOL Nice to meet a fellow ham. True....nothing wrong with shorts and boots I suppose. 73

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Welcome Jerry. Just putting in a shameless plug for the pipe club in Denver. We meet the second Thursday of every month at Churchill's, the cigar bar inside the Brown Palace. Official start time is 7:30, but we're pretty casual, so earlier or later works too.

Status
Not open for further replies.