PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kupa67

Lurker
Feb 28, 2019
Confirmed ROPP guy with a love of the Bussang era pipes. Of course, I also am a fan of French Pipes in general. Where do the "French" guys hang out here?
Kupa

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Welcome from Colorado. We all tend to hang together. I don't know that "French guys" are forced to a special place. We except all people in the forum. Heck, I've even been known to smoke a French pipe or two when my good pipes are dirty.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Just kidding, I've spent a great deal of time working with companies in Lyon, Ste. Chamond, Avion and other areas. I love the French, the wine, the women, the food!

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the forum!
We take all kinds around here. Most of us have more than a few pipes from different places. Then there is banjo who has a collection of pipes from everywhere.
Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you like!

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Hello and welcome. French pipe lovers are interspersed throughout the membership. I have 4 or 5 French made pipes myself.

kupa67

Lurker
Feb 28, 2019
Good times good times.....thanks all for the welcome!

Une toux matinale, un hack pour faire bonne mesure, un bol bien emballé et c'est parti

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not specifically a French pipe guy, since my rack has various nation stamps, which we have learned to only sometimes believe. In any case, I often preach the sermon about the refined pipe culture of St. Claude and other pipe making communities in France, how they are the original home or at least launching pad for briar as a pipe material, and how the shapes that are associated with the finest British pipes mostly originated in France. Plus, for factory pipes, it is difficult to beat the dollar for dollar, or franc for franc, or Euro for Euro quality. Welcome aboard.

kupa67

Lurker
Feb 28, 2019
Hello everyone and thanks again for the nice response!
Yes MSO, this is true and difficult to argue.
Currently I’m smoking a late 40’s Kirsten, which is a super little trick. I like being able to change my look periodically . One of the things that i’m Working out is taking some of my parts bowls, cutting them and putting this in my thread machine. Not 100% bug free but I believe a couple tweaks will have me spot on. Anyone ever played with this?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm afraid some avoid French pipes because of their prices, thinking that they must be poorly made. This is like the art galleries that increase sales by raising prices, making customers think the art must be better because it is more expensive. If you want a good smoke without much guessing, buy a French-made pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.