PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyboardman

Lurker
Jun 26, 2018
Hey all,
I'm from Boston, MA and have been smoking a pipe for 4 months. I did smoke some back in high school, but I really didn't know what I was doing and also only smoked Captain Black.
When I became interested in pipe smoking again this March, I went out to Rite Aid and bought a pipe and a pouch of Captain Black. I wasn't enjoying the chemical taste I was getting so I decided to look online into what other tobaccos were available, and that's when I learned about these forums, the YTPC, and the endless variety of tobacco there is out there (too late to try any McClelland at a reasonable price)! I had no idea that there was even a community at all before that. Since then I've learned a lot through these forums and the YTPC, and I've purchased about 40 kinds of tobacco. Although I enjoy all types, I've been favoring Balkan blends since finding Quiet Nights and Plum Pudding.
I've never been a member on any forum before, but I've browsed around this site enough to know that this is a great place, full of great people, and I'm happy to be a part of it now!

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Great English/Balkan blends hand-blended at Boston's LJ Peretti, just off The Common: Royal, British, Omega and Smith's Own.

Also a Forum fav, when anyone mentions Oriental blends: Taskent.

https://www.ljperetti.com/

keyboardman

Lurker
Jun 26, 2018
snowyowl: Thanks! I've been to LJ Peretti a few times but have not tried their tobacco yet. I'll be sure to buy some next time I'm there!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome to the site. Go Sox. I grew up 2.5 miles from Fenway Park and my heart is still with all my Boston sports teams even though I moved to the state of one foot in the grave.

Status
Not open for further replies.