PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Hello all. Just thought I would introduce myself to everyone. I go by the name of metalhead y cigarguy and I've been a cigar smoker off and on for about 10 years, but 3 years ago I really got into the hobby. I now have four humidors and two tupperdors with a nice little collection of cigars. I'm no aficionado but I like to think I am. I can usually be found on the CigarGeeks.com website chatting about cigars and life. I'm also a big Heavy Metal music fan, and used to frequent several of the Heavy Metal music forums before my cigar and pipe smoking hobby took over.
About a year ago I decided to take the plunge and buy a pipe. I bought a basket pipe from my local B&M and some 1Q tobacco. I smoked the pipe off and on for a while, but about four months ago I decided to dive head first into the hobby. I now have 10 pipes, nothing fancy, but they smoke well and allow for a good rotation. I also have about 35 different types of tobacco ranging from Aromatic's to Virgina's, Burley's and English's. I'm still progressing from the aromatics to the other blends. I'm still really a newb to many aspects of the hobby, but I enjoy it and I'm always looking to learn more.
I look forward to learning more about pipes and pipe tobacco from you guys, and exploring all the site has to offer.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Welcome to the forum! Everyone here will give you great advice, I'm still pretty new myself and I always learn somthing here very day :)

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
good for you to try something different.
I took cigars seriously first before pipes too. I've found that it's easier (and cheaper) to find good pipe tobacco, than it is to find a good cigar.
Happy Puffing :puffy:

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
Welcome Metalhead! I also enjoy cigars on the golf course or a card game, but nothing beats a pipe for relaxing! :puffy:

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Thanks for the warm welcomes.
I took cigars seriously first before pipes too. I've found that it's easier (and cheaper) to find good pipe tobacco, than it is to find a good cigar.
That's the great thing about cigars and pipes. There are so many blends, there is always the opportunity to try something new and different. I've come to learn just like with cigars; most people start off with the mild sticks and work up to the medium to full bodied smokes, same goes for pipe smoking. It seems most start off with the aromatics and gradually build up to the other stuff. Since pipes are still pretty new for me I've just been trying to sample as much stuff as I can right now. I'm always looking for a quality tobacco that's good for a daily smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.