PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormydog

Might Stick Around
Aug 30, 2018
I am brand new to pipe smoking and to say I was a noob would be an insult to other noobs. I have one pipe and have smoked one bowl so far but afterwards I knew this would be something I explored further. I have always enjoyed the smells and visuals of pipe smoking from the days of watching my great grandfather enjoy his. I look forward to gaining knowledge from this site and it's members

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Given your logo, you will find friends quickly.
My first pipe was a 1 (although I thought it was awesome), compared to what I know now is a 10 out of 10 smoke.
Welcome. You came to the best place to learn anything about pipes or tobacco.
What did you smoke first? And out of what pipe?

stormydog

Might Stick Around
Aug 30, 2018
Thanks. I already have learned from the forums becuase I couldn't open my first tin of tobacco had to look up how to do it.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Welcome!
Now that you know how to open your tins, you need to watch this classic video on how to jar them!

VIDEO

jay-roger.jpg

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Welcome! I'm a new piper also by about 5 weeks. The forums are invaluable.

stormydog

Might Stick Around
Aug 30, 2018
I've only tried Orlik Golden slice so far but i did also purchase a tin of Plum Pudding as another new piper are there any tobaccos you would suggest?

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Its easy to get lost in all the different blends out there. My advice would be to work on your drying, packing, and breathing before buying a tonne of tobacco. You want to get the most out of your smokes, and in turn, the most flavour out of your tobacco. Then you can start tasting differences and finding what you like.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
are there any tobaccos you would suggest?
Prince Albert, Carter Hall and Sir Walter Raleigh. They are old blends that can be very forgiving for the some one starting out...

stormydog

Might Stick Around
Aug 30, 2018
Moved from Pigtown to Essex when I was 5 so most of my life has been in the county.

Status
Not open for further replies.