PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
In my first post here, I would like to thank you for this great forum an to introduce myself.
Some time before my vocation to the pipe, I discovered this forum and started to increase my knowledge and interest in pipes. In Ocotber 2016 I bought my first briar, a Peterson Ahsford army mount, which I later passed on to my father, a cigar smoker, who still enjoys it occasionally. Quickly I wanted a second pipe (what bothered me about the Peterson was quite a big fill in the bowl). So I got a 2015 Dunhill County, which is still one of my favourite smokers. Some pipes and a year later I discovered Castello [and bought one or two ;-) ], which is now my favourite brand of current production pipes. I am also very interested in older Englisch pipes, especially Charatans and Sasienis...
All the time of my pipe smoking career I was a nearly daily reader here and without you concretely knowing it, you already have helped me a lot! Therefore I would like to thank you in my first post!
As I am from Germany and not an English native speaker, I hope my English is enough to talk about pipes with you, which I am looking forward for!
Best regards

Julius

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Your English is a hell of a lot better than my German. Welcome to the forum (at least publicly) from Knik River, Alaska. Some of my favorite beers in the world hail from Bavaria. Particularly Weihenstephaner (especially VITUS), Schlenkerla, Franziskaner, Kulmbacher, and Ayinger.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome Julius. Spent some time in Munich, Füssen and Lindau back in 2008. Loved every minute of it.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Welcome aboard from Detroit Julius! I just visited Germany in March. You're English is excellent. So, you will surely be capable of communication with people here.
Enjoy!

timelord

Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Julius welcome from Australia. Your English is much better than my German and I used to work for two German companies.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Grüss Gott Julius, greetings from Denver. I have aunts,uncles, cousins and my brother still in Austria (Vöcklabruck). Your English is very good, more than I can say for my German, which I have mostly forgotten. Plenty of good folks on this forum and a few crazy ones too, but they are very entertaining. :clap:

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Hello and welcome! I'm an American living in North Rhine-Westphalia with my German wife and our two boys. Germany is a wonderful country for pipe tobacco! I particularly enjoy the HU and Motzek blends.

burleyboy

Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Thank you all for your kind welcome greetings and your compliments about my English! Alaskanpiper, I see, you have a good taste in beer. I don't know how thw supply in the US for bavarian beer is, but if you ever get the chance, try Gutmann Weissbier or Augustiner Helles!

frankrem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2019
Huntsville, Arkansas
Hello from Arkansas - Spent a few years over in Germany myself. 85-88. I would love to go back some time and see how much it has changed over the years.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Hello from Timisoara, Romania. I visit Bavaria quite often as I have friends and relatives that live there (Landshut, Wasserburg, New Ulm). Maybe we can catch up for a smoke sometimes ...

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Welcome from Florida.

In early 60's lived in Bamberg & went to a boarding school (German) on Lake Chiemsee for a year.

I had to be tutored in English, so yours is better than mine.

Bavaria, Austria & Switzerland are some of the the prettiest parts of the world to me.

burleyboy

Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Thanks again for your friendly words! Madox, I live near Munich, maybe, we can arrange a smoke one day!

elessar

Apr 24, 2019
Welcome from MN! I was in Germany a few years back and hope to travel to Bavaria with a good friend of mine. His family comes from the Schwarzwald area. I believe he still has some distant relatives there.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Welcome from Maryland. As a young boy, we spent a lot of time in Bavaria, what a beautiful region. (and a dialect of German all to their own!)

Status
Not open for further replies.