PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

juanruiz

Lurker
Aug 19, 2015
Just discovered this site. Smoked a pipe for a long time, but quit and packed them away at my dentists' advice. Have since retired and have unpacked them after many years. I have a nice collection of Savinellis, Ben Wades, Nordings, and other Danish free hands. I look forward to participating here.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Welcome to the forum and welcome back to the hobby. Jump right in and have some fun. Lot's of great people here and a ton of collective knowledge. Enjoy.

juanruiz

Lurker
Aug 19, 2015
Thank you for your kind welcome. A little more info about me. I started collecting and smoking pipes in the early 1970s, when I was in college. Pretty much stopped buying in the mid-1980s. My collection stands at about 40; mainly Savinellis and Danish freehands. Can't believe the prices they sell at today. I prefer a tobacco mixture heavy on the Latakia.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
juanruiz:
Welcome aboard, Sir, and also back to pipe-smoking! I believe that you find find a comfortable on-line home here at the pipesmagazine.com Forums.
Out of curiosity, why did your dentist advise against your pipe-smoking?

juanruiz

Lurker
Aug 19, 2015
To answer the 2 questions posed above:
I now live in Charlottesville, VA
My then dentist said that pipe smoking stained my teeth so badly that I'd end up there every month for cleaning. Also that it would lead to severe gum disease.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Get yourself a water pik flosser and have at it.

Oh, by the way, welcome to the forums, and welcome back to pipes and tobacco.

multuminparvo

Lurker
Aug 11, 2015
Welcome juanruiz!
There are tons of new Lat Mixtures to explore. Have a look at the offerings of G. L. Pease, Russ Ouellette and Cornell & Diehl for instance.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome, Juan!
My experience somewhat parallels yours. I smoked in college and grad school in the sixties, but laid off until about a year ago. The pipes I bought back then were all good ones save one, and I treasure them, but have also added a bunch.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Welcome to the site.
Great group here. Full of knowledge and tomfoolery!
You shall be entertained and perhaps enlightened.
:D

smokinfireman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2015
Welcome! I am new myself but am loving the pipe camaraderie already. Don't let the ribbing get to you, some folks are just a little less polite than others in there comments, and you will soon know who they are :)
Especially if you are a Brylon lover as I am :)

Status
Not open for further replies.