PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2018
<p>Hello everyone, I was a member some years ago, But since then a lot has happened, I became an archaeologist, left England to live in Illinois where I married a wonderful woman with whom I have two beautiful children. While in Illinois my home was robbed ....they took my pipes!!

Oct 15, 2018
Lol yep, a Cumberland dunhill poker, brebbias, savinellis, stanwells, nordings, a bent jambo block k&p meerschaum with silver spigot that I got on eBay for £5! The *#€@& took the lot, but I thought this would be a good place to start over and prep for my next PAD

Jan 8, 2013
How long ago were you a member? And what was your original name here? Sorry to hear about the stolen pipes... I would lose my mind.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome from Illinois...McHenry County.
Sorry to hear about your pipes.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
There have been some cool archaeological pipe finds in Illinois. Like this owl effigy pipe from the Hopewell culture. Sorry about the theft you've suffered. I've been there. Anyhow, I hope you are enjoying autumn in Illinois!
121218121552_1_900x600.jpg

Oct 15, 2018
Thankyou for the welcome guys, I’m loving the autumn here! I’d say I was a member around 7-8 years ago? I’m having trouble remembering my username, my profile picture was a bear holding a peace pipe, not that that helps lol

P

pipebuddy

Welcome back, mate.

I remember you well. I think people here assisted you after your robbery by gifting you pipes?

I think that was about 4 years ago, or so.

Oct 15, 2018
That wasn’t me mate. As I said I signed off around 2007-2008, but such a warm welcome reminded me why I signed off before, you don’t remember me because I hardly ever messaged in the forum, I suffered with anxiety and the few times I did I was greeted with similar sarcastic gems such as yours, I remember you tho, mate. one of the people who made this place feel a bit clique.

It’s easy to read or misread sarcasm whether intended or not. I am guilty of “sounding” more sarcastic than I mean. Also, it’s easy to see a couple or a few remarks as being more than it is. Many of us sincerely welcome you back and sympathize with your loss. Just shake off what you may see as negative, amd have a good time. That’s my two cents worth. The forum is what yiu make of it. It can be fun or if you take us too serious, it can be negative. I hope you’ll just roll with it. :puffy:

Oct 15, 2018
Oh ok, sorry for the outburst but it sounded like he was implying I’m after a hand out, I assure you I am after no such thing, I just wanted to reconnect and perhaps build some good relations with other pipe smokers.

He may have been... ha ha, would make a great story. But, he has only been here for a few years himself. It would be kinda like the guy I knew of when I was a kid who sold the same Doberman pincer several times, because he trained the dog to always return home. I had heard that it chewed through a wall one time to get home. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.