PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bushpipe81

Lurker
Feb 13, 2016
Hello my name is Loyd. I started smoking a pipe in the mid 90s as a teenager. I started smoking with my grandpa and loved it. I quit in the late 90s and recently started again. I've been reading a lot on the subject because my grandfather is no longer alive. I Have thoroughly enjoyed this site and have learned loads from the members. Thank you all for the insight from your experiences.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Welcome to the forum Loyd! You've certainly found a great group of people to smoke with and learn from!

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Welcome to this forum that is filled with a wealth of knowledge and people who really know their pipes as wells as tobacco blends. I type this as I am smoking Germaine's brown flake yummy.

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
Welcome!
Did they tell you about our long-standing* tradition of asking you to name your three favorite tobaccos, but one of them is a lie for all of us to figure out?
*It's been going on forever, but never enforced. It's like Rule No. 9, only not.

bushpipe81

Lurker
Feb 13, 2016
Well r I Can't tell you what my favorite is. Honestly I've only tried about 6 in the last few weeks. In The 90s I Was A young teen and didn't try any thing except cheap bulk tobacco. ( Grandpa smoked smokers pride) recently I Have tried captain black but wasn't to impressed. That is how I came upon this site. I Was looking for a place to ask questions and get suggestions.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
We're glad you're here, Loyd.
I'll second Metal's comment on smoking with your grandfather. I inherited my granddad's favorite ashtray and pipe tool and they always stay on my office desk.
We're a bit loud. Maybe even rambunctious. And certainly opinionated. But you couldn't have lit at a better place.
Welcome, pal.
Fnord

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Yes, welcome, indeed. My grandad passed away before I could smoke with him. And his pipes disappeared via some unknown relative, but I like to think of him when I sit down for a quiet smoke. (most of my smoking isn't quiet; I am usually walking or typing.)

Status
Not open for further replies.