Heibe Estates 1960's Unsmoked

(6 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by davet
  • Latest reply from stvalentine
  1. davet

davet

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

After my latest attempt at buying estate pipes didn't turn out so well I rolled the dice on three from Germany. Described as leftover inventory from a closed factory circa 1960's.I bid on three pipes and won all three. When I asked for the story/history on these he replied; "No story, these are Heibe pipes from 1960s, factory has closed". A couple of fills in the chimney but overall nice old pipes.

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I could not fine out much about them but they are nice looking pieces. It appears that they were only in production for about 25 years.

Blowin' smoke since 1970.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  3. davet

davet

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

They seem like nice enough pipes for what little I paid ($30.00).I haven't tried them yet. I have several older unsmoked estates that I can't bring myself to fire up for the first time. I looked for info on them, but didn't find much.

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

davet, it could be you're in for a big (good) surprise. These may be much better than "nice enough," with German precision, and all that age on the briars, and those nice traditional shapes. And three for thirty bucks! Let us know how they smoke, but I'm betting they're headed toward the front of your rotation.

Posted 4 years ago #
  5. brudnod

Spencer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have had a very good experience with buying 3 pipes at a time, particularly when the photos are not just right and the descriptions off. I paid $80 for 3 pipes about 6 months ago: a rusticated Dublin Mastro de Paya, a Preben Holm smooth with lovely grain, and a no name straight, smooth Dublin. All 3 cleaned up to nearly new condition with no bite marks and no chips in the briar. The first 2 are great smokers (not tried the third). All were at least misspelled in the description so someone searching for a particular pipe would not have found them. A great buy! Davet, you may be pleasantly surprised with your haul.

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. stvalentine

stvalentine

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

"Heibe" is short for Erich Heikhaus Bergneustadt.

"Ride it like you stole it!"

The Old Swede
    Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.

banner

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   bouwser, headhunter, buzkirk, sumusfumus, odobenus, disinformatique