PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eugenepark

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2018
Oklahoma
Does it take a while to appreciate this stuff? I am on my 2nd bowl and I can't seem to get much out of it flavor-wise.
It burns REALLY well and smokes cool, and even has a nice scent, but I feel like it hasn't lived up to its name just yet.
It was quite dry straight out of the tin, so it went immediately into a canning jar since I see no reason to further dry it. It doesn't seem to be lacking moisture, though, because I haven't gotten that hot ashy effect off of it that is typical of an overdried tobacco.

briarbuda48

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2013
Texas
I purchased two tins quite a while back, smoked about four bowls, cellared it and haven’t returned. It wasn’t bad, nor did it bite me. The smoke Judy didn’t have much flavor to me. I will give it another smoke to see if I’ve changed.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Sometimes your palate is weird, give it time, maybe put it away for awhile and come back to it. MO was never a real favorite of mine but it’s certainly full bodied so you should be picking up on some flavors. My palate is weird with VA, there are times when I can’t even taste them and other times they are the best damn thing on this planet. Just one of the wonders of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.