PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
I received AJ's VaPer and Virginia Spice a while back from a member here, and really enjoy both of them. Whenever I make my next order I plan on getting some more by P&C to try. I was wondering what H&H blends the guys here have tried, and what you thought of them. I particularly want to hear about their bulk blends as I am finding I smoke enough that the bulk blends are a much better deal for me.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
My fave H&H bulk, as of right now, is Larry's Blend. All I have smoked to those are that one and Ten to Midnight.

treeder13

Might Stick Around
Apr 16, 2012
I have their classic burley kake just a smooth smoke kind of nutty dunno how to explain it and had a sample of berry nice forget the funny name it was a great aromatic hope this helps

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
A few that I can recommend...

• Anniversary Kake, is a very popular VaPer, rather prominent in the Perique department -- dark end of the VaPer spectrum.

Capitol Stairs is a Burley, Va., Perique blend with deertongue. Imagine a sweet/nutty French toast, but primarily tobacco flavor. Mellow.

Grandma's Kitchen is a Burley/Va with Cavendish -- nice, and leans toward the aromatic ...in a good way.

Louisiana Red is red Va and St. James Perique, and belongs in every VaPer smoker's cellar.

Rolando's Own is a red and stoved Va VaPer with a nice touch of lemon Va for brightness. I liked it a lot, but there are so many VaPers to sample out there that I have never returned to it. I should.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
Here is what I am looking at right now for my order. 4oz of each...
Virginia Spice

Daybreak

Ten to Midnight

Anniversary Kake

Grandma's Kitchen

Larry's Blend
I am still up in the air with Capitol Stairs and Berry Nice. I would welcome opinions from any one else.

batdemon

Dec 20, 2011
Anniversary Kake & Blackhouse are both great. If you like sweet aros, give Berry Nice a try, it has a blackberry flavor that is great but it is on the sweet side.

stogie37

Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
Griz,
Glad you liked the blends we did the deal on! I have really enjoyed;
Namaste

Larry's Blend

Marble Kake

Anniversary Kake

LJ Heart VA

Cerberus (not bulk)
The list below are some that I like, but probably would not order a large qty of;
Daybreak

American Heritage

Ambassador

Admiral

Rolando's Own

Beverwyck

AJ's VaPer

Virginia Spice
I have quite a few others on deck (Louisiana Red, Steamroller etc.) that I haven't tried yet, but I anticipate adding even more of their blends to the top list!
Over all just an excellent blending house! Not one of the blends I've tried has been a dog.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I guess it's pretty well known I like Black House. Magnum Opus, Larry's Blend and Sweet & Savory are also Excellent! I'm getting into VAs and VaPers these Days. Louisiana Red is on my list!

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Grizzly, for the blends available in bulk, you can get a sampler. 2 oz of each of 6 blends for $32.99. I am getting ready to do that with a bunch of burleys. You get smaller amounts at the price of the larger amounts - saving money but not sticking you with the large amounts in case you find something you don't like.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
@stogie37 Thanks for introducing me to H&H blends. It would be great if they had Cerberus in bulk; one of the tines I got in with my last order.
@baronsamedi I have heard a lot of good things about Magnum Opus! Maybe they will offer it in bulk one day. I wonder how they decide which ones they offer in bulk and which they don't.
@Jud Thanks for the tip. I did see the sampler last time I ordered, but completely forgot about it. I think I will probably be able to order 2 samplers at that price so I can try more of their offerings and still get the 8oz of SG SL I want.
They don't offer Blackhouse for the sampler pack :crying:

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
They don't offer Blackhouse for the sampler pack
Believe me, you won't need the sampler of Black House... Order the tin and you will NOT be disappointed...... :worship:

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
Ok, yall have me convinced I'll try some Blackhouse. It's weird if you click bulk the H&H blends it doesn't show up, but if you type Blackhouse into the search bar it shows they offer it in bulk. I think I will order 4oz of it to try; if I don't like it I don't think I'll have a problem trading it by the looks of things.
Here is how things are looking now...
4oz Virginia Spice or AJ's VaPer...I can't decide which of these I like more

4oz Blackhouse

Sampler Pack 1:

Daybreak

Ten to Midnight

Anniversary Kake

Grandma's Kitchen

Larry's Blend

Sunza Bitches

Sampler Pack 2:

Ambassador's Blend

Marble Kake

Namaste

LJ Heart Virginia

LJ Heart Burley

Sunjammer
Of course some of these will probably change by the time I make my order.

reichenbach

Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
I'm smoking Old Companion right now. I really enjoy it. I think it's like an upscale OTC to put it bluntly but that description does not do it any credit. It's mild and an all day smoke. Capitol Stairs is also really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.