PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaboatbuilder

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 7, 2012
just placed an order for Hearth and Home's Egg Nogg and Grandma's Kitchen. What does every one think of them.

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
Haven't tried those two, but I have tried quite a few of their blends and they are top notch. Smoking Caramel Apple Pie right now.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
Egg nog is ok. To me it has a slightly off taste that I can't describe. I pretty much love HH blends but wouldn't order more of that blend.
+1 on caramel apple pie!

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
I got a tin of eggnog and I really like it.
You can really smell the rum and some spice. Some vanilla in there too. Haven't opened grandma's kitchen yet.

vaboatbuilder

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 7, 2012
I looked at Apple Pie maybe next month. I relay want to try Vermont meat candy but cant afford the bundle deal.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I am a big fan of Hearth and Home Latham Circle, the only rum and maple tobacco I ever smoked that tastes like rum and maple. I haven't had Egg Nog or Grandma's kitchen yet, but I am looking forward to sampling all The Hearth and Home blends.

Jul 15, 2011
I have had bad luck with Hearth and Home aromatic blends, which is kind of shocking because I REALLY love a lot of their more straight forward blends. Their Namaste is a fantastic English, and Victorian Stroll paired with a cup of coffee is heaven on Earth. I have a lot of their bulk blends stashed that I am looking forward to trying.

guitarguy86

Jul 6, 2012
I have some Egg Nog coming in the mail soon. I wanted something to smoke in public this month, so I went with Egg Nog. I've tried about five different H&H blends, and only disliked one.

Jul 15, 2011
I finally tried some of this Black House that everyone is always raving about. I had tried Penzance in the past and due to the love on this forum, it was far overhyped for me and I found it to be a disappointment. I expected the same disappointment from Black House. I tried it the other day and was joyfully surprised. It really does live up to all the hype. Damn tasty English blend and good, good stuff. I have two Hearth and Home latakia blends I picked up recently and for the life of me cant remember what either of them was called. Ill look here in a minute.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
I've smoked Egg Nog and still have some here. It's OK but I prefer aromatics from Boswell's or Pipeworks and Wilke. Don't get me wrong, I love H&H tobaccos, especially Larry's Blend, it's just that Egg Nog didn't trip all my triggers. Russ O. is a wonderful blender and I am waiting for a tin of his Black House now. Fusilier's Ration is then next on the list.

Smokey

colorduke

Mar 5, 2011
I like the Latham circle & Sycaway,just got Carmel Apple Pie,Old Companion and a tin of Grandmas Kitchen.Also ordered a tub of Anglers Dream to try and a tub of CH and a pouch of the infamous Mixture 79.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
That reminds me, I need to pick up some Egg Nog at the store.
I've become kinda picky about aromatics. Some blenders seem to forget that it's the tobacco that makes the blend, not the topping.

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
Smoking Butternut burley right now. It is extremely satisfying if you sip and don't chug.

yeperdo

Lurker
Sep 22, 2010
I smoked the egg nog, the berry blend, and stogie from H&H - enjoyed all 3 - but I'm a tobacco slut! My wife liked the berry blend and I have to say I thought it would be well you know another aromatic but very smooth light went great with a glass of port - Merry Christmas!

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
I've been smoking Frenchy's Sunzabitches and really love the sweetness of it. Very excellent change of pace when I tire of the Lat blends.

sal57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 6, 2012
I just got the egg nog it didn't do a lot for me, so on that note I just fired up a bowl and it's still just ok for me and I just don't think I'd buy it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.