PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I have been smoking this blend for a few days exclusively and it is one hell of a tasty blend. Virginia and Perique with a pinch of cigar leaf and a sweet topping is all it takes to make a Va/Per lover happy. I tried it in a Mark Twain cob and different briar pipes and (sorry Michael) it tastes better in a cob. It can be an all day smoke for sure as it is very smooth and doesn't bite at all. I would also recommend it to those who want to smoke Va/Pers but can't stand the full-bodied spicy taste coming from the Perique.

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
Thanks for the heads up! I do love VaPers, but I find that my reaction to perique can be hit or miss. I love the sweet, plum/raisin flavor it can produce, but too much spice and I don't care for it. I'll check this out!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
sittingbear, I am sure you will like it. Don't let the name of the blend fool you. It is not spicy, but mellow, somewhat creamy and subtle sweet.

How did I miss this one? One of my top favorites.

Sweet topping? I’m not sure about. But, there is a definite play of sweetness from the Virginias, and there is something going on between whatever type of cigar leaf Russ uses and the perique. It makes for an unusual play of flavors. But, the way it smokes or feels is what sets it apart for me. It is like silk in the mouth. An oiliness to the smoke that I love. I’m glad you like it. Russ is definitely a master at what he does.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Very much an "under the radar" blend. I've got over a half pound I put away 6 - 8 years ago. Being distracted by the plethora of new blends that are constantly being introduced, I haven't smoked any Virginia Spice in quite a while; so I'll bring some into my short rotation real soon -- now that you shameless enablers brought it to my attention! :puffy:
btw, the Internet is amazing. Never thought that someone in Baku, on the banks of the Caspian, could influence my decisions so quickly and easily.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Sweet topping? I’m not sure about. But, there is a definite play of sweetness from the Virginias
Michael, I am not 100% sure about the topping. Maybe it is the Virginias.
btw, the Internet is amazing. Never thought that someone in Baku, on the banks of the Caspian, could influence my decisions so quickly and easily.
Try to look at it from Russ' point of view, someone smoking and praising his blend in Baku, on the banks of the Caspian.

Status
Not open for further replies.