PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I just got some Hearth and Home blends: Caramel Apple Pie and Egg Nog for the Club gathering this 31st, but I don't want to try them until the gang is here. What's your opinion of these blends? They sound yummy.

pflan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2013
Caramel Apple Pie is a decent aro. I like to let mine dry out for a bit before I light it up, as it is a bit wet. Decent taste and a good room note to boot.
I have never had the Egg Nog, though.
:puffy:

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
I do enjoy Eggnog, especially when its cooler outside. It is a good aro that has a creamy feel to it. Best to let it sit out before smoking, though.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Agree with pflan on the CAP. It's a little on the wet side requiring too much puff power to enjoy the nuances. When dried and sipped slowly I can taste much more. Had a bowl the other night for the first time in months and I gotta say I enjoyed it top to bottom. IIRC the cleaner came out red after running it through.

jerry

Dec 2, 2009
Western Massachusetts
I think Caramel Aople Pie is a fine aro with a pleasing room note. The 8 oz tin I bought was good to go without any need for drying. Of course, your mileage may vary!

davidintexas

Jun 4, 2013
I have the Egg Nog and it is pretty good. However, I like it just as well or maybe better if mixed with Carter Hall or some such. It still imparts that sweet taste but I feel lights and burns better if mixed. Either way it's good. And since Russ blended it, you know it's quality. I just don't smoke aros very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.