PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
This is not a condemnation of the lighter. Repeat, not a condemnation, criticism, or anything other than wondering if any of you have gotten one of these lighters.
P&C, whom I love dealing with, sends the lighter if you order 16oz of bulk tobacco. I, accordingly, ordered Anni Kake, which I also looooovvvveeee!
I got the green lighter. It's a midget Zippo, I think. My question is this for anyone else who has gotten the lighter:
How do you like it? It's a little awkward for me. I'm right handed and it just seems a touch hard to handle when lighting a pipe.
OK. It is a freebie. I get it. I normally use matches anyway.
I would just like to know how others have found the lighter.
It reminds me of an old pipe lighter I had in college that looked like a lipstick barrel, with holes on both ends at the top. I forget now its name, but it was great.
The H&H has but one hole and thankfully it works for a right-handed person, but it's still awkward for me.
Maybe I'm just a natural born klutz.
That's all, folks

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I got two for "free" and it is a $20 retail lighter on their site. It is the Decatur Z-Plus in green, and it is a decent lighter, especially as a throw-in for a pound of the Signature series bulk blends. I got a pound of Anniversary Kake and a pound of Marble Kake and two lighters. No complaints, but still using my Zippos.
Decatur Pipe Lighter
Decatur takes the old and makes it new.

The design of the Decatur Pipe Lighter may look familiar, but it's not what you think. Even though it appears to be a liquid fuel lighter, it's actually a side-firing, soft-flame butane pipe lighter, and it doesn't use the Z-Plus' original sparkwheel ignition. This lighter uses a state-of-the-art piezo electric firing mechanism, so there are no flints to have to replace, and no powdery mess. It comes in a handsome antique brass finished case, fits nicely in your pocket, and with the generous fuel cell, you won't be refilling every day. This handy lighter will fit into the Zippo Z-Clip, and loop and clip pouches for easy carry on your belt.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Thanks, Jack. Just wondering how folks liked the lighter.
I tried it for the first time this morning, and it works great. I'm a little klutzy, though.
But, I got it down finally.
For a toss in the car lighter, it works just fine. I will use it after I light my pipe with a match, especially at stop lights and stop signs.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I agree, it works well, and also agree with: "For a toss in the car lighter, it works just fine." I would buy one for $20 and think for the $$$, or as a toss-in it is a good lighter.Like the color to boot.

dadgy

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2015
I got mine to actually ignite once. That was it. Purged, refilled, and attempted a few times to make it work, but to no avail. I dumpstered it and went back to my Zippo.

Status
Not open for further replies.