PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
P&C now has the H&H Midtown Series in 2 oz. pouches for $4.99. Great news for those who would like to try these blends without buying 14 oz. tubs.
I've been smoking H&H Chatham Manor for a few months now, and I absolutely love it. At first, like many of the reviewers on tobaccoreviews.com, I was getting a lot of chocolate notes in the smoke. I mentioned it here in my discussion of different burley blends. Russ commented in the thread stating that CM is topped only with bourbon and vanilla, and that any chocolate was coming from the burleys.
Anyhow, after having the tub open for some time, there is only a hint of chocolate (as is inherent in most burleys), and the dominant flavor is the burley with the bourbon and vanilla close behind. I did not jar the tobacco, and can only assume that giving it some time to breath caused the subtle change in flavor. It's an excellent smoke and has become my go-to burley recently. Something about it works great for me in this cooler weather. I do expect I'll probably continue to favor Carter Hall in the warmer months as my burley blend, but suffice it to say that I love CM and am happy to know that I can try the rest of the Mid-Town Series in 2 oz. pouches.

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Thanks for the notice. Will have to look into these.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I think we discussed this a while ago and it's a good sign that they are listening and taking our ideas/wishes into consideration.
Thanks, H&H!
jay-roger.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This is great news. I'm always recommending this series, and specially the non-aromatic Chestnut, but a tub is too big an initial helping for sampling these blends. Besides which, I think I could enjoy several of the blends but not a whole tub.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I think we discussed this a while ago and it's a good sign that they are listening and taking our ideas/wishes into consideration.
Thanks, H&H!
+1
I will be adding a couple of pouches onto my next P&C order for sure

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
It would be cool if they put together a sample pack of a pouch of each of them.
The thought was already in our minds. We should be putting that together shortly.
Russ

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Many seem to prefer the Midtown matches to the originals, finding the tobacco somewhat higher quality and tasting fewer non-tobacco additives.

Status
Not open for further replies.