PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

irishjedi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
Hello folks,
Looking for some recommendations on some H&H. Anniversary Kake & Distinguished Penquin, sound pretty good, any reviews on these or other blends would be 'preciated.
Mike :puffy:

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
I didnt enjoy the Annie Kake as much as I would thought I would. Take a look at the Classic Burley Kake it really has a nice taste and burns well.
Have not had a chance to try the Penguin yet, soon though.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
My picks of Russ's masterpieces:
Hearth & Home Signature Victorian Stroll A mixture of bright Carolina, red and stoved Virginias, a dash of Turkish and two types of Latakia, this represents a fresh approach to the lighter English blend.
Hearth & Home Signature L J Heart Burley A light, naturally sweet blend created for renowned pipemaker, Lannes Johnson, who selected this mixture to send as a sample to his pipe customers. Two different types of nutty Burley are laced with an unusual cube cut Virginia and a Burley-based natural toasted Black Cavendish for a splash of non-flavored sweetness.
Hearth & Home Signature Caramel Apple Pie Great aromatic blend with hints of Apple, Caramel, and Cinnamon.
Hearth & Home Landmark Manor Heights The name refers to a pastoral section of Cohoes, a city to the north of Albany, NY. Imagine strolling through this peaceful area with this light and dark mixture with an amazing aroma and flavor. Hints of cherry and brandy with just the right amount of sweetness characterize this cool smoking blend. This is one for all-day, everyday.
You best get you some!
~Zeke

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
And they limited to the stated tins instead of allowing bulk to get the discount. lol
As long as I dont attempt to smell the Classic Burley Kake Im ok. Its sickly sweet smelling to me.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
No, I ordered about 2 weeks ago and the sale applied to the bulk. I got 1 oz of just about everything so I could try it out.
=D

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Do you like Latakia(or oriental tobacco) at all? If so I'd recommend Magnum Opus and Blackhouse. Both are fantastic.
May the force be with you!

pipingruotsi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 6, 2013
I really like Beverwyck. Reminds me of House of Windsor's Barking dog. Very similar pouch aroma, but a little more complex.

I've just tried Distinguished Penguin. At first, it didn't catch my attention. Well good thing I bought an 8oz tin b/c it's really growing on me. So far, I've liked everything from Hearth and Home and the price is right, too.
+1 on Black House too. Mmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.