PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Gentleman and Ladies,
I have changed my display name from disinformatique to The Pipe Monk. My YouTube Channel, Website, Twitter, Facebook etc are are all named the same so it just gives other members to search for me easily lest I be kidnapped by the Anti-Smoking Police.
2556537f-2f82-4f45-9d58-6ad60095c26c_zpsb5bc8e61.jpg

Picture courtesy - Smokedragon
Cheers,

Chris

The Pipe Monk

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I like the name Pipe Monk. But I am confused by the pictures. Your avatar and the picture in this thread are NOT the same person. Granted, there is not need to actually use a picture of yourself.
Funny story from another forum. Fred posted a picture of himself in a thread. There was lots of posts back and forth. Finally Fred realized that Barney had started using the new picture of Fred as his avatar. That explained why "Fred" started insulting himself.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must place it here, beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get a two layer effect with a little path running down the middle

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
On second thought let's not go to Camelot....tis a silly place. Like this forum sometimes in a good way.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Dammit! You blokes have made me NEED to watch The Grail again... And I am glad, thankful even. Been watching too many procedurals. Just finished True Detective, both seasons. Wow.

And now for something completely different....

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
And here, all this time, I thought you were a pipe hoarding Occidental with a wallet full of royal family oil money.

(Pictures are so deceptive and I'm so gullible.)
I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.
Shocked to find that you're just another Caucasian who enjoys Renaissance Fairs.
So, Pipe Monk it is. Dominus tecum indeed.
Fnord

Mar 1, 2014
So as not to appear a total hooligan.
Nice outfit and it's a neat name to go with it.
I just chose my screen name for the ice that builds on my pipe stem when I smoke in the winter. Maybe I'll grab a picture come November.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Dear Sir Monk,

I find your passion for tobacco intake to be offensive. Obviously, you are a hero to the children and children tend to emulate their heroes. Nobody wants to see our children all running around smoking tobacco pipes.... Wait... Hold on a second...
i have no children and upon further consideration I've decided that children running around with tobacco pipes is EXACTLY what I wish to see. You go pipe monk!!

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
African or European?
Caucasian, maybe that's the problem. I contacted PM MODS and the site owner and was told that a name change was not that simple of an undertaking. Now a month later there is a name change. Just Saying!
Cheers,--Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.