PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
Anybody here into trying to eat healthier? I've been trying to do healthier eating for about a month, but once in a while I still find myself eating garbage (fast food).
So far my list of easy healthy stuff:

Stanley Steamer's, I think it's about 2-3 bucks a bag and it has 2 servings and about 300 calories, tastes great, even the cheddar ones!
Fish - I'm a big Costco fan and they have a lot of selection, the marinated frozen fish steaks are pretty delicious - just bake for 10-20 min and it's ready to eat, about 400 calories per steak.
Smoothies - I think this is my biggest thing as of late, been buying up giant bananas and going through a hand per week, 6 pounds of frozen fruit lasts about a week as well, and fruit juice. My most recent is 1 banana, 3 handfuls of blueberries, 1 handful of strawberries, 8 oz of cranberry juice, 8 oz of water - blend. Mighty tasty and good for you.
So anyone else here into some healthy foods?

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
I enjoy a trail mix made up of Pistachios, Walnuts, Almonds, dried

Cranberries and dried Cherries.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Bone in ribeye with mushrooms and black pepper corns , mashed potatos with blue cheese and ham , garlic bread with real butter and Parmigiano-Reggiano , asparagus with bernaise sauce .Landry Parish sweet potato-pecan pie . Iced tea no sugar .6000 calories . Hey it is a start .

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
LOL, nice igloo, reminds me of people that go into fast food joints that order the largest everything and get it with a diet Coke.

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
Sure,eating bacon counts with big points,just fry the fat out of it and let sit on paper towels for awhile.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Brussel sprouts with blue cheese 450 cal . Cottage cheese with fresh fruit 500 cal . Three eggs 210cal . Keep meat to 4oz .

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
I really enjoyed that Hardy's fat burger I had on the way home from Richmond. Two pieces of meat, two slices of cheese, two slices of bacon and mayo with french fries and a real Coke.

I don't think they were healthy but, boy did they taste good. My doctor really like it when I eat like that. I make a boat payment for him.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Venison, lean meat, and local grown fruits and veggies (organic if available). I try to stay away from fast food, doesnt always happen but I try. I try to keep to game meat for my red meats since they are leaner and taste much better IMHO.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
LOL Chuck!
I basically eat what I want without restrictions, but I do eat baked fish about 2 - 3 times a week - usually salmon, tilapia, tuna, swordfish. The tuna and swordfish I cook in a cast iron skillet.

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
As long as there's no pulse....

and it's not moving...

CopyofPA030003.jpg

scratchglfr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2010
Try this one
1/2 grapefruit early morning

Meal 1: 6 egg whites, 1/2 cup of oats

Meal 2: 6 oz fish, 12 asparagus(spears), 1/4 cup brown rice

Meal 3: 1 packet of 6 oz tuna

Meal 4: 6 oz chicken(boiled), 1 cup green beans

Meal 5: 6 oz fish, 12 asparagus(spears)

Meal 6: 6 egg whites
1 gallon water per day

No condiments other than splenda
2 table spoons all natural peanutbutter for a late night snack

scratchglfr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2010
A strick diet that you only want to follow for only three days, due to total carb depletion. Primarily used to rapidy shred weight. ARMY training.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Well I am glad I was NAVY. If we needed to shred weight we just went on a multiday bender and forgot to eat.

surfmac211

Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Seeing that save a lot of money eating some of what I catch, I tend to eat mostly fish(even though I love red meat). I usually eat Mahi, Wahoo, Grouper, Flounder, and shark. I used to eat a ton of Red Snapper but seeing how the environmental Nazi's here in Florida got them banned I haven't had much of that or been making as much money.

Other than the fish I just eat some type of rice or pasta with almost every meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.