PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Yeah, the value has been in pretty steady decline for most of a year. I doubt that the heady days of 1.5Euro:1USD will ever return.
I'm leaning towards the side which sees the disintegration or serious reorganization of EU sometime in the near future. The southern members simply can't contribute and are dragging the more, for want of a better word, fiscally serious countries under. Great Britain might be convinced to join a smaller grouping of the more prosperous countries. It'll be an interesting few years.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
I've heard rumors Deutsche Bank isn't doing very well, with a recent BBB+ rating. A Lehman Brothers-esque collapse pared with the Grexit and a US interest rate hike could bring the Euro down to at least parity with the USD within a year. If I had gambling money, I'd sell EUR/USD and make out like George Soros.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Gather your friends and sell them on the idea, take their money, invest and then take ten percent of the gain or a fast train out of town if you guessed wrong. Better yet, take the percentage off the top and keep a train ticket handy.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Since everyone, even us pipe smokers, is down on the Euro, you can probably expect a brief rally in the Eur/Dol as everyone and his brother tries to cover their shorts. So if you're a gambler, you might think about buying the Euro at this point.
Or tins of MacBaren.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
This might be good time to up date your wish list for European products.
I'll be stopping by my Lamborghini dealer regularly. They have a silver Huracan on the floor that will soon have my name on it.
Seriously, I fear what happened in Greece will have a dominoe effect and continue to spread among the smaller EUR countries.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I'll be stopping by my Lamborghini dealer regularly. They have a silver Huracan on the floor that will soon have my name on it.
Seriously, I fear what happened in Greece will have a dominoe effect and continue to spread among the smaller EUR countries.
I'm not as up on this as I should be but I can see how the Greek collapse could cause the smaller countries to follow which will only put a greater strain on the larger UK companies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Check out the exchange rate every day or two, and stop by our sponsor Al Pascia. He has many of the up-market names, but also a handsome line of pipes in his own name at impressively thrifty prices.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
I have four metal boxes containing a total of $20,000,000 USD being sent to me from Ghana by the widow of the late General Sani Abacha, former Nigerian Head of State. Her lawyer sought my help after seeing a listing in the publication of the Nigerian Business Publication Agency. I'm certainly happy that her lawyer had the foresight to convert it to USD before their own currency could be "given a haircut" & devalued by their government!

Status
Not open for further replies.